Wednesday Oct 21, 2015
Wednesday Mar 11, 2015
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Mar 11, 2015
Oracle introduced Oracle Linux 7, an open source operating platform that gives customers and partners the capabilities, tools and features to innovate, collaborate and create solutions across traditional, cloud-based and virtual environments.
As with previous releases, Oracle Linux 7 is easy to download, free to distribute and is the only major enterprise Linux distribution that publishes all bug fixes and security errata publicly. Oracle Linux 7 provides more flexibility and choice than other commercial Linux distributions.
With extensive testing for demanding workloads such as Oracle Database, a flexible free-to-use and paid support model, and strong uptake, Oracle Linux is the best general-purpose open source operating platform for the modern data center.
Get the most out of Oracle Linux 7 by taking the new Oracle Linux 7: System Administration training course.
This course helps you develop a wide range of skills, including:
- Using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- Configuring Linux services
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and preparing your system for the Oracle Database
In this 5-day instructor-led course, you'll learn exactly how to handle typical issues faced by administrators.
Expert Oracle University instructors will help you explore the kernel development model and Linux distributions. Furthermore, you'll hear about Oracle's comprehensive solutions and Oracle's contribution to the Linux community.
You can take this course from your own desk as a Live Virtual Class offering, or go to an education center to attend an in-person Classroom Training event.
You can influence the schedule for this new course by registering your interest in an event on http://oracle.com/education/linux.
Thursday Feb 26, 2015
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Feb 26, 2015
Online Training to Support Your Infrastructure Professional Development
Oracle University has released the
- Are you up to speed on "Software in Silicon"?
- Are you familiar with the Virtual Compute Appliance?
- Are you using SPARC M6-32 or FS1 software?
- What's new with the Exadata X5 release?
- Do you know what the experts are saying about Linux?
- Do you know how to build an Oracle Key Manager Cluster setup?
- Have you heard of the new Engineer System, Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance?
- How do you scale SAM-QFS?
- Which systems provide optimization for the cloud?
- What is the latest information available on ZFS Storage Appliance?
- Would an overview of the Oracle Enterprise Manager help you?
- Which Oracle products can increase performance in your Data Center?
Learn the answers to these questions by accessing our recently released training option: Oracle Learning Streams
The Oracle Systems Learning Stream covers multiple products, including: Engineered Systems, Servers, Storage, Operating Systems, Virtualization and more.
Plus, the content is coming straight from Oracle experts.
Learn More: The Oracle Systems Learning Stream
Thursday Apr 17, 2014
By Breanne Cooley on Apr 17, 2014
Written by Diana Gray, Principal Curriculum Product Manager, Oracle University
Oracle Linux is a high-performance operating system. It is free to download and distribute, and includes source code, binaries, patches and updates.
The code has been optimized for database servers and is used in the following Oracle systems:
- Oracle Exadata Machine
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Oracle Exalogic Cloud
- Oracle Database Appliance
Enroll in Oracle Linux System Administration Training
Oracle University provides industry-leading training courses and certification exams to help you develop and validate the skills that hiring managers are seeking.
Through hands-on training with expert Oracle University instructors, you'll gain the knowledge to deliver extreme performance, advanced scalability and reliability for enterprise applications and systems.
- UNIX and Linux Essentials training- designed for users and administrators who are new to the Oracle Solaris 11 and Oracle Linux operating systems. This course will help you develop the basic UNIX skills to interact comfortably and confidently with the operating system.
- Oracle Linux System Administration training - comes in multiple modalities. This course covers a range of skills including installation, using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, configuring Linux services, preparing the system for the Oracle Database, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Oracle Linux Advanced Administration training - helps you become more knowledgeable about many of Oracle Linux’s advanced features and functionally.
Preview New Oracle Linux System Administration TOD Training
Looking to gain an edge over your peers in a competitive job market?
Pursuing Oracle Linux Certifications will help you stand out in the crowd. Not only will you learn how to implement and administer the Oracle Linux Operating System; you'll also demonstrate your commitment to continuous learning and increase your chances of being hired.
Get started today!
Wednesday Dec 18, 2013
By Breanne Cooley on Dec 18, 2013
As 2013 draws to a close, Oracle University is pleased to offer new training courses and certifications to help you gain an edge in a competitive marketplace.
Sign Up for Linux Certification Now
Register now to take the exam at one of Pearson VUE's worldwide testing centers.
Oracle Database 12c Courses - What's New?
Oracle Database 12c introduces a new architecture, featuring Oracle Multitenant. This simplifies the process of consolidating databases onto the cloud. Explore the following courses to learn more:
- Oracle Database 12c: Administration Workshop - This course will teach you about the Oracle Database architecture. You will discover how to effectively manage an Oracle Database instance, configure the Oracle Network Environment and perform database maintenance.
- Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop - This workshop deep dives into installing Oracle Database 12c software. You'll learn how to create a container database and provision pluggable databases.
- Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop - This course will teach you how to evaluate your own recovery requirements. You'll develop appropriate strategies for backup, restore and recovery.
Validate your expertise by earning an Oracle Database 12c Certification.
Featured Solaris 11 Training
- Oracle Solaris 11 Performance Management - Introduces you to performance tuning principles. Learn to monitor utilities using tuning tools.
- Oracle Solaris 11 Network Administration - Learn how to configure and administer a reliable, highly available and secure network.
Middleware Course Updates
Explore our new and updated courses for Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle WebCenter.
- Oracle SOA Suite 11g: Healthcare Integration
- Oracle WebCenter Sites 11g for Developers
- Oracle WebCenter Content 11g: Content Server Customization
New Training for Oracle Applications
E-Business Suite 12.2 - Learn about the changes in architecture, how to use the new patching utility and how to make configuration changes.
JD Edwards 9.1
PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools Installation & Server Admin Rel 8.53
- PeopleSoft Query Reporting Rel 8.53
- BI Publisher for PeopleSoft PeopleTools Rel 8.53
- PeopleSoft Query/BI Publisher Power Combo Rel 8.53
- PeopleSoft Lifecycle Management Rel 8.53
New Training for Oracle Communications
The following courses have been updated to Order and Service Management (OSM) Rel. 7.2.2:
- OSM Foundations I: Tasks, Processes and Orders
- OSM Foundations II: Order Decomposition and Orchestration
Your comments and questions are always welcome. We look forward to hearing from you now and in 2014!
- The Marketing Team, Oracle University
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training. Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Streams,
- Oracle Learning Cloud and
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- Application Express Training: Learn to Develop Database-Centric Web Applications
- Moving Beyond the Classroom: the Evolution of Learning and How to Incorporate it into Your Training Strategy
- Oracle DBAs: Are You Ready for the Future?
- Learn All About Your Oracle CPQ Cloud Applications
- 2-Minute SOA Suite Tech Tip: Reusable Templates in Oracle SOA Suite 12c
- Oracle Linux 7 – Get Trained on this Exciting New Release!
- New Oracle Training On Demand Courses for November - Just Released!
- What Database Professionals Need to Know About Security
- Oracle Cloud “Platform as a Service” Training - Available Now!
- New Oracle Learning Subscriptions & Cloud Certifications! Releasing Now at Oracle OpenWorld 2015