Monday Jun 20, 2016
Monday Feb 29, 2016
Monday Feb 08, 2016
Monday May 18, 2015
By Jstiles-Oracle on May 18, 2015
Java has continued to evolve since launching in 1995, but have your skills kept up?
20 years, 592,000+ Certified Java Programmers and 9 Million Java Developers later, Java Developers have never been in more demand than they are today.
According to Dice.com, in January 2015,
“Java was named one of the top 10 skills hiring managers search for when in the market for cloud candidates, according to our November report.”
Do you have the latest Java skills hiring managers are seeking?
If you don’t have these present-day skills, you should consider taking action to develop them. Oracle University offers a variety of instructor-led, online and self-paced courses to get you up to speed for 2015 and beyond.
Check out these popular Java courses you can take to advance your knowledge:
- Java EE7: Front-end Web Application Development
- Java SE 8 Programming
- Java SE 8 Fundamentals
- Developing Applications with Java EE 6 on WebLogic Server 12c
With the increasing demand for Java, Java certifications are also becoming a differentiator to highlight and validate your expertise working with the latest Java technologies. Our new Java SE 8 certification is now available:
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer beta exam – Available at a Reduced Price!
Other popular certifications:
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Component Developer
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java Platform, EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer
View the entire Java training curriculum - visit education.oracle.com/java.
Celebrate Java's 20th Anniversary! oracle.com/java20 Twitter #Java20
Thursday Feb 19, 2015
By Axel Timo Purr-Oracle on Feb 19, 2015
What can a certification do for you? And more importantly (as far as the writers here are concerned), what can Oracle Certification in Java or Oracle Database do for you? There are many opinions on this topic and, rightfully so, opinions vary so we’re happy to share some findings from recent studies that show the increasing value of certifications in a marketplace where demand for skilled Java and Oracle Database continues to rise.
Learn more about Oracle’s certification exams and view the certification paths at certification.oracle.com.
Tuesday Nov 11, 2014
By Jstiles-Oracle on Nov 11, 2014
From PL/SQL tuning and SQL development, to Java, to Oracle application and BI report development, all of these skills are being sought after right now in the job marketplace.
Taking the time to get formal training will help you become a better developer and will validate your skill set among the competition.
Oracle University has many training and certification options to choose from. Here is a list of what’s popular for developers right now:
Top 10 Training Courses for Oracle Developers
- Oracle BI 11g R1: Create Analyses and Dashboards
- Oracle Database 12c: Program with PL/SQL
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
- Oracle BI 11g R1: Build Repositories
- Java SE 7 Fundamentals (Java SE 8 version just released)
- Java SE 7 Programming (Java SE 8 version just released)
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools I / II Rel 8.53 Accelerated
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g: Build Applications with ADF I
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools I Rel 8.53
- Oracle Database 12c: SQL and PL/SQL Fundamentals
Top 5 Certifications for Developers
- Java SE 7 Programmer Certified Associate
- Java SE 7 Programmer Certified Professional
- Java SE 6 Programmer Certified Professional
- Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
Save When You Train and Certify with Oracle
It’s a no brainer.
If you're going to get Oracle trained and certified, take advantage of lower prices by purchasing courses and exam vouchers together in one Certification Discount Package.
Monday Oct 13, 2014
By Jstiles-Oracle on Oct 13, 2014
Written by Ravi Narasimhacharya, Product Specialist, Java and Middleware
The "Buzz" on Java SE 8
Oracle sees Java 8 as "the most significant upgrade" to the software since it acquired Sun Microsystems and its software portfolio in 2010. Java 8 is a revolutionary release of the world’s #1 development platform. It includes a huge upgrade to the Java programming model and a coordinated evolution of the JVM, Java language, and libraries.
Java is a major development platform helping to drive the M2M (Machine to Machine) and IoT (Internet of Things) market. The appearance of Java 8 is set to consolidate its position. Java 8 is packed full of some really exciting features at both the JVM and language level.
The Standard Edition (SE) and Micro Edition (ME) of Java are now being converged, to make it easier for developers to share their code and applications. The merge of Java SE 8 and Java ME 8 will "provide a consistent experience for developers across desktop and mobile platforms."
Now, Java SE 8 provides common APIs across SE and ME with portability and common tooling across the editions. This approach gives developers a smooth development experience across small to large devices, encouraging server-side Java developers to build for the embedded space. It "improves developer productivity and application performance, along with the ability to ‘right-size' the platform for deployment across an ever wider range of use cases."
With the arrival of Java 8, we need to think big about connected, always-on devices, including smart appliances in the home, wearable devices, medical sensors, connected vehicles, smart meters, and industrial controllers. Java 8 promises to provide a scalable, flexible and secure development platform for the Internet of Things (IoT) market.
More "Buzz" on Java 8
Java 8 brings several major enhancements:
- Lambda Expressions - “less code means more productivity:" The support for lambda expressions and the related Streams API is the most dominant feature of Java 8. Lambdas (for short) allow developers to simplify the code they write, enabling them to write code that is more compact, simpler and easier to maintain and share with others.
- New Date and Time API - The new date and time API reduces the complexity that developers are facing with current native Java library API, especially when dealing with internationalization and localization for different markets.
Learn More about Java SE 8 and What the "Buzz" is all about
Check out these brand new Java SE 8 courses from Oracle University:
- Java SE 8 New Features - Get an overview of the major changes and enhancements in Oracle Java SE 8 and learn about using streams and lambda expressions with collections.
- Java SE 8 Fundamentals
- Through hands-on exercises, you are introduced to object-oriented programming using the Java language.
- Java SE 8 Programming - Learn the core language features and Application Programming Interfaces (API) you will use to design object-oriented applications with the Java SE 8 Platform.
Access the entire Java training and certification curriculum at education.oracle.com/java.
Thursday Feb 20, 2014
By Breanne Cooley on Feb 20, 2014
By Tom McGinn, Java Curriculum Developer
The buzz around the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow.
It's not hard to see how the proliferation of intelligent devices has become a natural part of our digital world. Nearly everyone carries an intelligent device in the form of a smart of feature phone, but did you know by the year 2020, there will be more than six connected devices per person?
These devices will:
- Make our cars more efficient and reliable.
- Monitor our homes and work places.
- Keep track of shipments and other assets.
- Remotely manage utilities and infrastructure and more.
Oracle Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) Embedded
Oracle Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) Embedded is the proven platform for these devices, allowing developers to leverage their existing skills, while creating applications that take advantage of micro controllers and sensors.
By enrolling in Java ME Embedded: Develop Applications for Embedded Devices, a new Oracle University course, you can learn how to write embedded applications that read and write to peripheral devices, including: analog sensor devices, switches, LEDs, pulse sensors, inter-integrated circuits and much more.
This focused, two-day course also helps you develop the skills to manage data collection and distribution, including the Application Management System (AMS), Generic Connection Framework, logging, network and file I/O and record management storage.
Jump into the Internet of Things today!
Tuesday Jan 28, 2014
By Breanne Cooley on Jan 28, 2014
Williams, Principal Curriculum Developer
Have you ever wished for an easy way to monitor your application's performance and analyze the application's performance over time? With the release of Java 7 u40, your wish has just come true.
Two tools are are now bundled with the Java JDK. Both tools have been around
for a while as part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, but now have been ported to
the Hotspot JVM.
Java Mission Control
Java Mission Control is a live monitoring and analysis tool for Java 7. This tool lets you monitor live data coming from a running JVM. Mission Control has a modern, customizable user interface which allows you to chart only the data you're interested in. In addition, the triggers feature lets you notify specific personnel about key events that occur in your application. Finally, Mission Control can load recordings from Java Flight Recorder for detailed analysis.
Oracle Java Flight Recorder
Oracle Java Flight Recorder is a tool for recording key information about your
application over time. Much like an airline flight recorder, Java Flight
Recorder stores key telemetry from your application as it runs; it then loads
recordings into Mission Control for detailed analysis. Recordings can be run
continuously on your applications with minimal impact on performance.
Java Performance Tuning with Mission Control and Flight Recorder Training
Interested in learning more about these tools?
Oracle University has released the new Java Performance Tuning with Mission Control and Flight Recorder course. This course deep dives into Oracle Mission Control and Flight Recorder, along with other interesting performance-related information, including:
- Details about how garbage collection works in the JVM.
- A detailed review of the garbage collectors available in Hotspot, including the new G1 garbage collector.
- Profiling your application using NetBeans and other tools.
- Detecting and troubleshooting common performance issues like memory leaks and contention issues.
- Tuning guidelines for each of the Java garbage collectors.
Sound interesting? If so, sign up today!
Thursday Oct 24, 2013
By Breanne Cooley on Oct 24, 2013
Here are the highlights of what is happening this month at Oracle University.
New Technology Overview Courses: Cloud, Big Data and Security
Learn about the latest technology solutions that can transform your business. These three Training On Demand courses are taught by industry experts. These courses help you develop an understanding of how Oracle technologies can make a positive impact on your organization.
New Cloud Application Foundation Courses
Check out our brand new 12c courses for WebLogic Server administrators and Coherence developers:
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Administration I
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Administration II
- Oracle Coherence 12c: New Features
Oracle Database 12c Courses
Our Oracle Database 12c training is becoming very popular. Here are this month's featured courses:
- Oracle Database 12c: New Features for Administrators
- Oracle Database 12c: Administration Workshop
- Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop
- Oracle Database 12c: Admin, Install and Upgrade Accelerated
Validate your expertise and add value by earning an Oracle Database 12c Certification.
New Certifications for MySQL
Watch our two new videos to find out what's new with Oracle MySQL Certifications.
New Training & Certification for Oracle Applications
JD Edwards 9.1 Training
Additional JD Edwards Enterprise One 9.1 training is now available for administrators, developers and implementation team members.
Cross Application Training
Human Capital Management Training
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Payroll for Canada Rel 9.x
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Payroll for US Rel 9.x
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Payroll Accelerated for Canada Rel 9.x
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Payroll Accelerated for US Rel 9.x
Financial Management Training
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Receivable Rel 9.x
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Report Writing Rel 9.x
Knowledge Management 8.5 Training
Oracle Knowledge 8.5 training is now available for analysts interested in learning how to quickly spot trends in content processing and system usage with analytics dashboards.
Updated Taleo training is now available. Taleo Business Edition (TEE) business users can learn how to create more efficient reports. Recruiters will learn how to efficiently and effectively use Taleo Business Edition (TBE) Recruit.
New Training for Oracle Retail 13.4.1
Updated training for Retail Predictive Application Server and Retail Demand Forecasting is now available.
- RPAS Administration and Configuration Fundamentals
- RPAS Technical Essentials: Fusion Client 13.4.1
- Retail Demand Forecasting (RDF) Business Essentials 13.4.1
-Oracle University Marketing Team
Thursday Aug 29, 2013
By Kjones-Oracle on Aug 29, 2013
Y usted ya se actualizó a Java SE 7?
Si aún no se ha cambiado de versión, a continuación le presentamos las 7 razones más importantes para hacerlo:
7. Más empresas ya han puesto en marcha Java SE 7.
Públicamente, el fin de la versión disponible de Oracle JDK 6 fue en Febrero 19 de 2013, por esta razón, más compañías pondrán a funcionar Java SE 7. Si aún no ha descargado esta nueva versión, ahora puede ser el momento perfecto para hacerlo.
6. Las actualizaciones de Java SE 6 y Java SE 5 requieren de soporte Oracle.
A 19 de Febrero, todas las actualizaciones nuevas de seguridad en Java SE 6 and Java SE 5, así como parches y correcciones and están disponibles ahora únicamente a través de My Oracle Support; Por lo que se requiere una licencia comercial de Oracle.
5. Mantengase al día con las actualizaciones automáticas.
Oracle comenzó la actualización automatica de windows 32-bits a los usuarios de Java Runtime Environment (JRE) de JRE 6 a JRE 7 en Diciembre de 2012.
4. Los conocimientos en Java están en alta demanda.
Los conocimientos en Java están en alta demanda. Así que estar familiarizado con la versión más reciente le permite mantener sus conocimientos al día, lo que sin duda le da una ventaja en el mercado laboral.
3. Características Mejoradas que le harán la vida más fácil.
Java SE 7 es una versión nueva y mejorada. Obtenga una introducción práctica a las nuevas características (Fork/Join, NIO, diamond notation) con el curso Java SE 7 Nuevas Características.
2. Ya están disponibles los cursos de entrenamiento de Java SE 7
Los cursos de Oracle University en Java SE 7 ya están disponibles en el ambiente de capacitación tradicional del salón de clase, así como en clases virtuales en tiempo real en la modalidad Live Virtual Class (LVC). También está disponible en el Nuevo formato de capacitación: Training On Demand (TOD), brindándole la flexibilidad de tomar su curso en cualquier momento desde cualquier lugar con conexión a internet durante 90 días. Estos son algunos de los títulos disponibles:
1. Ganar una credibilidad valiosa IT con una certificación de Java SE 7
Gane un alto nivel de reconocimiento en sus
habilidades convirtiéndose en un profesional certificado en tecnologías JAVA SE
- Programador I Java SE 7 | 1Z0-803
- Programador II SE 7 | 1Z0-804
- Actualización a Programador Java SE 7 | 1Z0-805
Ahora que sabe las siete razones para aprender Java SE 7, de un vistazo a las Rutas de Aprendizaje de JAVA SE 7 para ayudarle a empezar!
Ahorre hasta 50* en cursos Java y MySQL con Training On Demand
Oracle Training on Demand es un formato de entrenamiento en línea, en una sofisticada grabación de vídeo, disponible las 24 horas del día, los 7 días de la semana.
Ahorre 25 % en Cursos Live Virtual Class
Live Virtual Class - Clases virtuales en tiempo real sin incurrir en costos de desplazamiento.
Wednesday Aug 28, 2013
By Breanne Cooley on Aug 28, 2013
Date: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (1 hour lunch break)
Location: Golden Gate University, San Francisco
How to Register
Please note: If you don’t have an Oracle account, you’ll need to create one and log in before you register.
Deep Dive Technical Training Sessions
Take advantage of pre-conference training offered by Oracle University, which features 11 deep-dive training sessions. Explore each of these sessions taught by expert Oracle University instructors:
- Application Development in the Oracle Cloud
- Ask Tom Kyte Live: Five Things You Probably Didn’t Know and Should Know About SQL, PL/SQL, and Performance
- Certification Exam Cram: Upgrade Your DBA Certification to the Latest Release
- Extending and Customizing Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g: Analytics Overview
- Oracle Big Data Essentials
- Oracle Cloud Application Foundation: Best Practices and New Features
- Oracle Multitenant Architecture Overview
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c High-Availability Deployments
- Oracle Identity Governance Suite: Installation, Configuration, and Integration
- Oracle Database Machine One-Day Overview
Enroll in Java Training Sessions
Java University training sessions will also be offered on Sunday, September 22nd from 9:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. at Golden Gate University. Java University offers 9 Java development sessions, which include the following:
· A Tour of REST, Architect and Design Robust Enterprise Applications for the Cloud and Beyond
· Certification Exam Crams
· Getting Started with JavaFX or Java EE 7
Learn more about these Java University sessions.
Have questions or comments? Leave a comment below. We always welcome your feedback!
-Barbara Assadi, Americas Marketing Manager
Tuesday Aug 27, 2013
By Breanne Cooley on Aug 27, 2013
There is lots of excitement at Oracle University this month with many new courses!
Featured Training for Java and Fusion Middleware
We're offering brand-new courses for administrators on Oracle WebLogic Server 12c. For developers who are already familiar with Coherence 3.6., enroll in Oracle Coherence 12c: New Features course.
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Administration I
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Administration II
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: JMS Administration
- Oracle Coherence 12c: New Features
Visit education.oracle.com/appserver to view all Application Server and Infrastructure courses and certification details.
New Oracle Database 12c Video and Courses
Just getting started with Oracle Database 12c? Check out our NEW Oracle Database 12c curriculum video.
We have a host of new training offerings as well to get you up-to-speed.
During this two-day course, expert Oracle University instructors will help you gain a conceptual understanding of the multitenant architecture. You'll learn how to effectively and efficiently manage an Oracle multitenant container database and any associated pluggable databases.
Expert Oracle instructors will teach you how to install, configure, administer and use Global Data Services. You'll also learn about the benefits provided by Global Data Services for managing cloud-deployed distributed databases.
Visit education.oracle.com/database12c to view all Oracle Database 12c course and certifications available.
New Training for Operating Systems, Virtualization and Systems
Oracle University has recently released new Oracle Solaris 11 courses. Enrolling in these new courses will help you develop the skills you need to advance your career using Oracle Solaris.
Featured Oracle Solaris 11 Training
- Oracle Solaris 11 Performance Management
- Oracle Solaris 11 Zones Administration
- Oracle Solaris 11 ZFS Administration
See the full list of Oracle Solaris 11 courses at education.oracle.com/solaris11.
Featured Oracle Linux Training
This course will teach you about managing resources and file systems. You'll also get the chance to develop your troubleshooting and advanced storage-administration skills.
Featured Oracle Virtualization Training
In this course, you'll explore building the infrastructure for cloud computing.
New Training for Oracle Applications
Oracle University offers the same training you need to take full advantage of your Oracle Applications. Check out our new offerings below.
Fusion Applications and E-Business Suite
Courses are now available in our high quality, streaming video Training On Demand format.
- Fusion Applications: Extend Oracle Fusion CRM with Composers
- R12.x Oracle Financial Applications Overview
PeopleSoft 9.2 New Features Seminars
New features seminars are now available for PeopleSoft 9.2 Human Capital Management, Financial and Supply Chain solutions.
- PeopleSoft HCM Solutions Rel 9.2 New Features
- PeopleSoft Financial Solutions Rel 9.2 New Features
- PeopleSoft Supply Chain Solutions Rel 9.2
PeopleTools 8.53 Training
Additional PeopleTools 8.53 courses are now available for PeopleCode, Application Engine and Student Query Report.
- PeopleSoft PeopleCode Rel 8.53
- PeopleSoft Application Engine Rel 8.53
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools SQR Rel 8.5
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 Training
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 courses are now available for system administrators and report developers.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne System Administration Rel 9.x
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Report Writing Rel 9.x
ATG 10.2 Training
Now you can learn how to plan and build your commerce site.
Knowledge Management 8.5 Training
The first two courses for Oracle Knowledge 8.5 are now available. Investing in this course will teach you how to implement Oracle Knowledge’s core technologies.
New Training for Oracle Utilities
New Oracle Utilities training is available. Learn how to implement Oracle Business Intelligence for Utilities (OBIU).
Please keep sending us your comments and ideas, which are always welcome!
-Oracle University Marketing Team
Wednesday May 08, 2013
By Kjones-Oracle on May 08, 2013
May is here, and so are several new and updated courses for Hyperion, Identity Management, Data Integration, Oracle BI and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1.
Virtualization remains at the top of the IT priority list for enterprises in 2013, so we thought we would remind you about our top server virtualization training courses.
Featured Training and Certification for Database & Systems
Oracle's server virtualization products support x86 and SPARC architectures. Training is available to help you get the best from both architectures.
Calling all experienced Oracle Certified Associate Solaris System Administrators! The Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator certification is still in beta (which means you can take the exam at a discount!) through May 25, 2013. Prep with the Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration training course.
Featured Training for Java & Fusion Middleware
We have a few new courses in Identity Management, Data Integration and Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management. We also recently updated two of our most popular BI courses to include Exalytics.
• Hyperion Profitability & Cost Management 11.1.2 Detailed Modeling
• Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting 11.1.2 for Financial Management
• Oracle BI 11g: New Features and Exalytics
• Oracle BI 11g R1: Create Analyses and Dashboards - Select courses are now scheduled to run on an Exalytics box
• LDAP and Directory Services: Essentials
• Oracle Data Integrator 11g: Advanced Integration and Development
Featured Training for Oracle Applications
Additional training is now available for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1. Learn how to efficiently and effectively implement and use your JD Edwards, while taking advantage of the usability and productivity enhancements in the most recent release.
Tools and Technology Courses:
Supply Chain Management Courses:
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Product Data Management 9.x
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne PDM / MCA 9.x
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Forecast Management Rel 9.x
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Quality Management Rel 9.x
Looking for training or certification on another topic? Let us know what you're interested in hearing about by leaving a comment below.
-Kate, Oracle University Market Development Manager
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training.
Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Subscriptions,
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- NEW Security Learning Subscription – Preview for FREE Now!
- Why is Java the Most Popular Programming Language?
- New Oracle VM Server for x86 Training: Now Available!
- Low Unemployment Numbers Point to an IT Talent Shortage
- Oracle Utilities - A Training Solution for Your Implementation Team
- New Courses, Learning Subscriptions and Certifications for June 2016 - Just Released!
- Going to Oracle OpenWorld or JavaOne? Don’t Miss Out on Oracle Preconference Training!
- Demand for Big Data Skills is Growing. Are You Ready?
- New WebLogic Classes Releasing in June, 2016 – Enroll Today!
- Mind the Gap - How Can Young Job Candidates Increase Employer Satisfaction?