By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Jan 06, 2015
Develop the additional skills you need and benefit from all that Oracle Database 12c has to offer.
"With Oracle Database In-Memory, you decide what data goes into memory - with no limits or restraints from software. The rest of your data is stored in less-expensive Flash or on disk. Oracle Database In-Memory works seamlessly with them all,"Jeff Erickson, Oracle Product Management.
Database-In Memory Training: What Will I Learn?
Dominique Jeunot, Oracle University Curriculum Developer, elaborates on the New Oracle Database In-Memory feature:
"The Oracle Database In-Memory option is a solution for accelerated database-driven business decision-making to real-time speeds. Unlike specialized approaches that are restricted to particular workloads or applications, the unique approach of Oracle Database In-Memory leverages a new in-memory column store format to speed up analytic, data warehousing, and reporting, while also accelerating transaction processing (OLTP) workloads."
Dominique was instrumental in helping develop our recently launched Oracle Database 12c: New Features for Administrators Ed 2 course.
In this course, you'll learn about the new and enhanced features and options of Oracle Database 12c. Expert instructors will teach you how these features and options strengthen security, manageability and overall performance.
- Manage the Oracle multi-tenant container database and pluggable databases.
- Configure Heat Map and use Automatic Data Optimization.
- Benefit from Online Datafile Move.
- Understand the new temporal capabilities, as well as in-Database Archiving with Row-archival.
- Enforce security with the Unified Auditing, the new administrative privileges, Privilege memory Caching and the automatic Big Table caching features.
- Benefit from optimizer enhancements, including Adaptive Execution Plans and SQL Plan Directives, Real-Time ADDM and Compare Period ADDM.
- Use enhanced features of Resource Manager in multi-tenant container databases and pluggable databases.
Additional Oracle Database 12c Training can be found at education.oracle.com/database12c.