Monday Jun 20, 2016
Tuesday Jun 14, 2016
By Axel Timo Purr-Oracle on Jun 14, 2016
If you value job security, it’s a good time to work in IT. Dice.com reported lower unemployment for web developers, computer systems analysts, computer support specialists, network and systems administrators, software developers, computer and information systems managers, database administrators and network architects.[Read More]
Tuesday May 24, 2016
By Breanne Cooley on May 24, 2016
Monday Apr 11, 2016
By Breanne Cooley on Apr 11, 2016
Monday Feb 29, 2016
Wednesday Feb 10, 2016
Monday Feb 08, 2016
Tuesday Nov 11, 2014
By Jstiles-Oracle on Nov 11, 2014
From PL/SQL tuning and SQL development, to Java, to Oracle application and BI report development, all of these skills are being sought after right now in the job marketplace.
Taking the time to get formal training will help you become a better developer and will validate your skill set among the competition.
Oracle University has many training and certification options to choose from. Here is a list of what’s popular for developers right now:
Top 10 Training Courses for Oracle Developers
- Oracle BI 11g R1: Create Analyses and Dashboards
- Oracle Database 12c: Program with PL/SQL
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
- Oracle BI 11g R1: Build Repositories
- Java SE 7 Fundamentals (Java SE 8 version just released)
- Java SE 7 Programming (Java SE 8 version just released)
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools I / II Rel 8.53 Accelerated
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g: Build Applications with ADF I
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools I Rel 8.53
- Oracle Database 12c: SQL and PL/SQL Fundamentals
Top 5 Certifications for Developers
- Java SE 7 Programmer Certified Associate
- Java SE 7 Programmer Certified Professional
- Java SE 6 Programmer Certified Professional
- Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
Save When You Train and Certify with Oracle
It’s a no brainer.
If you're going to get Oracle trained and certified, take advantage of lower prices by purchasing courses and exam vouchers together in one Certification Discount Package.
Friday Nov 07, 2014
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Nov 07, 2014
At Oracle University, we work hard to ensure that our training and certification portfolio is current and relevant to your needs.
Here's a summary of what we anticipate will be popular new courses. Courses can be taken either in the classroom or online, depending on what works best with your schedule.
Top New Courses for November
- Oracle Database 12c: New Features for Administrators Self-Study Course
- Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Self-Study Course
- Oracle Database 12c: Administration Workshop Self-Study Course
- Oracle Golden Gate 12c: Troubleshooting and Tuning
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g: Develop ADF Mobile Applications
- Oracle Middleware 12c: Build Rich Client Applications with ADF
- Oracle BigMachines Yellow Belt for the Business User
- R12.2 Oracle Inventory Management Fundamentals
- R12.2 Oracle Subledger Accounting Fundamentals
- PeopleSoft Integration Tools I Rel 8.53
Explore all of Oracle's training and certification offerings at education.oracle.com.
Tuesday May 07, 2013
By Kjones-Oracle on May 07, 2013
The Oracle Workforce Development Program is a worldwide program offered by Oracle University. It gives individuals in the community more options to develop the knowledge and experience with Oracle technologies that will position them for success in their careers. Oracle’s Workforce Development program enables educational institutions and training partners to offer authorized Oracle training content as a part of existing certificate, diploma and degree programs. This makes it easier for more people to develop Oracle skills and earn credentials that will lead to career advancement.
Oracle University Provides Benefits for Military Veterans
On April 30, a new public-private partnership was announced by First Lady Michelle Obama that will enable thousands of service members to earn industry-recognized IT certifications before they transition from military service. Oracle was on site for this announcement at the White House - including Oracle University’s own Michelle Cross, who manages the Workforce Development Program for North America.
First Lady Michelle Obama at the event:
Oracle University's Michelle Cross at the White House:
Oracle Workforce Development Program Benefits Include:
Find a Workforce Development Partner In Your Area
-Kate, Oracle University Market Development Manager
Wednesday Jan 16, 2013
By Breanne Cooley on Jan 16, 2013
New Year, New Skills
The start of a new year is the perfect time to take a step back and think about where you want to go in the next 365 days, both personally and professionally. Here at Oracle University, we can’t really help you with the personal resolutions; however, if you’re thinking about a career change or want to position yourself for success within your company, then we can definitely lend a hand.
Having the right skills on your resume at the right time can be critical to your success. Below, check out the hottest IT skills that will help you gain an edge in the marketplace in 2013.
Get Your Head in the Cloud
It should come as no surprise that “Cloud” is one of the hottest buzz words in the tech world right now. And with that popularity comes an increased demand for the skills that will help organizations make the move to the cloud.Investing in cloud training in 2013 will expand your skill set to include cloud deployment and implementation, making you a more marketable candidate for potential jobs. Beyond the cloud, you should be thinking Big Data/Analytics and Java/Mobile Application Development.But remember, just getting the technical skills alone isn’t all you need to widen your career prospects and potentially increase your salary. Rich Milgram, CEO of career network Beyond, put it this way:
“Learning a technology is the easy part. Having the mindset to apply it, having the mindset and logic process it, being thorough and detail-oriented while doing so, these are the critical skills.”
The Industry’s Top Skills and Top Jobs Compiled
Around this time of year, many industry publications and career sites run surveys that indicate which jobs or skills are hot. These lists are a great place to start when considering which skills you want to develop and put into practice in 2013.
Build Your 2013 Training Plan
Kicking off 2013 by developing a new technical skill is a great way to set the tone for the year. Start building your training plan for 2013 through Oracle University by exploring Oracle Cloud Training, Java Application Development Training and Business Intelligence Training to give yourself the edge you need in a competitive marketplace.
Which IT skills would you like to improve upon in 2013? We would love to hear from you. Let us know in the comments section.
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training.
Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Subscriptions,
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- Why Choose Oracle University for IT Training & Certification?
- Trained Millennial = Happy Millennial
- Succeed in the Cloud - Take Oracle Cloud Learning Courses
- Learn About Exadata Database Machine 12c through Oracle Training
- Oracle Linux 7 – What’s New Training from Oracle University
- New Training and Certifications in July
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Training - Now Available!
- NEW Oracle SuperCluster Training for Database Administrators
- How Companies Are Using Big Data
- The Big Picture on Big Data