Monday Nov 16, 2015
Tuesday Apr 28, 2015
Friday Apr 04, 2014
By Kjones-Oracle on Apr 04, 2014
We know it. You know it. The IT landscape is going through a lot of change. As a result, hiring managers are on the hunt for new talent who can support this transformation.
According to a recent survey by Robert Half International, CIOs are more optimistic about hiring in 2014 than they were in 2013.
Source: Robert Half International
This is good news, especially for individuals who have the skills that hiring managers are seeking.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment for DBAs to grow 15 percent between 2012 and 2022; Oracle DBAs in particular appear to be well positioned.
John Reed of Robert Half International observed that “the market for Oracle DBAs is strong right now and I would anticipate it would at least maintain that level if not increase in values over the next 12 to 18 months.”
Research from Foote Partners also supports the growth for DBAs as well as developers and analysts. David Foote stated that in 2014 “the winners will be database developers, architects, analysts and technical specialists, especially if they know Apache HBase, NoSQL or prescriptive tools and analytics.”
Cloud Architects, Solution Architects, Administrators & Integrators in High Demand
No surprise that demand continues to rise for cloud architects, solution architects, administrators and integrators. And the growth of mobile devices continues to generate demand for experienced and certified mobile developers.
Salary trends in the US also support good growth for these hot jobs:
Take a closer look at what’s hot in some of these recent industry reports:
• 2014 Salary Guide from Robert Half International
• 8 hot IT skills for 2014
• Which Tech Jobs Will Win, Which Will Lose in 2014
• Increasing Demand for Oracle DBAs
• 8 Hot IT Jobs for 2014
• Dice.com December 2013: Special Edition, Hiring Survey
Oracle University Offers Flexible Training & Certification Options
Short on time? Take advantage of the flexibility of Training On Demand or Self-Study Courses. To gain an edge in the job market, validate your expertise by studying to earn an Oracle Certification in Oracle Database, PL/SQL, SQL or Java.
Tuesday Jul 02, 2013
By Kjones-Oracle on Jul 02, 2013
Through Oracle University, our expert instructors can introduce you to the features and functions of this new Oracle Database 12c product. Through training courses and certification exam prep seminars, you can build up your database knowledge and apply this knowledge to advance your career.
Already an Oracle Database Expert? Why Oracle Database 12c Training is still a Good Idea
Oracle is the industry leader for database technology and takes the release of new products very seriously. We continue to listen to customer needs and add features and functionality to address those needs. Oracle Database 12c is no exception.
The following areas have been greatly enhanced and should be considered for your additional training or certification:
• Database for Cloud Computing
• Compression and Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
• Improved Performance & Scalability
• Extreme Availability
• Security Defense in Depth
Oracle Certified Database Administrators Reap Career Rewards
Becoming an expert user of database technology through Oracle University's certification program widens your skill set to demonstrate your expertise implementing the most advanced database technology available. By doing so, you'll make yourself a more marketable employee and candidate in the job market.
Reasons to Become an Oracle Certified Database Administrator of Oracle Database 12c:
• The new Oracle Database 12c certifications emphasize more advanced skills that align with industry standards, resulting in an even more valuable credential for customers and partners.
• The Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) for Oracle Database 12c centers upon certification objectives that measure IT professionals' day-to-day skills, along with your ability to manage challenges.
• Building upon all of the competencies incorporated into Oracle's Database 12c OCA certification, the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) for Oracle Database 12c certification includes advanced knowledge and skills required of top-performing database administrators.
• The Oracle Certified Master (OCM) for Oracle Database 12c - a very challenging and elite top-level certification - certifies the most highly skilled and experienced database experts.
• Oracle offers 12c upgrade paths for existing Oracle Certified Professionals (OCP) and Oracle Certified Masters (OCM).
Database 12c Training and Certification: Built with Your Input
When creating Oracle Database 12c training courses and certifications, we wanted to know which tasks are most important in a DBA's day-to-day work. Instead of assuming what those tasks might be, we decided to develop a job task analysis survey for DBAs.
The response rate from DBAs from around the world was overwhelming! The survey focused on the following key database areas:
• DBA Core Essentials
• Database Storage
• High Availability
• Very Large Database Administration
• Distributed Databases
After conducting this survey, we took this specific feedback and used it to help mold the new Oracle Database 12c training and certification curriculum. The benefit to you? You now have access to Oracle Database 12c courses and certification exams that were created with your specific on-the-job tasks in mind.
Explore Oracle Database 12c Training & Certification Today
Investing in Oracle Database 12c training courses and certifications will help you develop a great deal of knowledge, experience and expertise. Explore our portfolio of offerings to determine which skills you need as a DBA to get up-to-speed on Oracle Database 12c technology.
Questions or comments about the new Oracle Database 12c offerings? Let us know in the comments below.
- Diana Gray, Principle Curriculum Product Manager and Raza Siddiqui, Senior Principle Curriculum Product Manager
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training. Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Streams,
- Oracle Learning Cloud and
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- Application Express Training: Learn to Develop Database-Centric Web Applications
- Moving Beyond the Classroom: the Evolution of Learning and How to Incorporate it into Your Training Strategy
- Oracle DBAs: Are You Ready for the Future?
- Learn All About Your Oracle CPQ Cloud Applications
- 2-Minute SOA Suite Tech Tip: Reusable Templates in Oracle SOA Suite 12c
- Oracle Linux 7 – Get Trained on this Exciting New Release!
- New Oracle Training On Demand Courses for November - Just Released!
- What Database Professionals Need to Know About Security
- Oracle Cloud “Platform as a Service” Training - Available Now!
- New Oracle Learning Subscriptions & Cloud Certifications! Releasing Now at Oracle OpenWorld 2015