By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Dec 02, 2014
Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler is a graphical data modeling tool that aids and enhances communication between data architects, database administrators, application developers and users.
It simplifies the data modeling development process.
In today's development environments, designers use an existing data model as a beginning point to enhance the database design. To ensure the database design follows the rules of a relational database design, it's important to check and enforce the integrity and consistency of the design.
All this and more can be achieved using Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler.
Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler offers a wide range of data modeling capabilities:
- Captures business rules and information.
- Creates process, logical, relational, physical and multidimensional models.
- Imports data models from a variety of sources, including Oracle Designer, VAR files, Erwin and more.
- Applies design rules to check and enforce integrity and consistency of designs.
- Stores metadata information in XML files.
- Synchronizes the relational model with the data dictionary.
- Engineers from a logical model to a relational model and vice versa.