Monday Oct 26, 2015
Friday Jul 25, 2014
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Jul 25, 2014
by Jim Vonick, Oracle University Market Development Manager
With the recent acquisition of BigMachines, Oracle has added a Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) solution to your portfolio of cloud applications.
During an Oracle CPQ Cloud deployment, the immediate goal is to accelerate the implementation and adoption of your application so your business can successfully automate its entire Quote-to-Cash process.
Implementation team members, including system administrators, need the knowledge and skills to ensure a smooth and rapid implementation of the Oracle CPQ Cloud application. During set-up, it's important to optimize the configuration for your business. To do so, team members need to understand the foundation and available options so the decisions made during set-up best align with the business.
Initial deployment: enhance the as-delivered application
During the initial deployment, or possibly at some later time, you may also choose to enhance the as-delivered application to meet your unique use cases. This requires a deep understanding of the application and knowledge of how to use the Oracle BigMachines Markup Language (BML). Furthermore, you may want to integrate the Oracle CPQ Cloud applications with other applications.
To meet these objectives, training is recommended to support your Oracle CPQ Cloud deployment. Oracle University now delivers training for BigMachines. Our courses are developed in collaboration with the BigMachines product team, which assures the training content is relevant and accurate.
Training for administrators and implementers
- Oracle BigMachines Yellow Belt: develop the basic knowledge and skills to configure and administer an Oracle BigMachines site.
- Oracle BigMachines Yellow Belt for the Business User (Coming Soon): learn the basic structure and components of the application and how to communicate business requirements to administrators before, during and after the implementation.
- Oracle BigMachines Blue Belt: learn how to use the BigMachines application to meet advanced use cases. Note that this course is a bundle of the Blue Belt Advanced BML, Advanced Configuration, Advanced Commerce and Advanced Document Engine courses.
- Oracle BigMachines Advanced BML: learn how to use the BigMachines Markup Language (BML) to write functions that accomplish complex use cases on your Oracle BigMachines site.
- Oracle BigMachines Blue Belt Advanced Configuration: learn how to utilize complex functionality, troubleshoot common advanced use cases and improve the configuration user interface and user experience.
- Oracle BigMachines Blue Belt Advanced Commerce: learn how to use BML and other advanced modification techniques to extend functionality of the point-and-click interface within Commerce; this will help you meet your complex business requirements.
- Oracle BigMachines Blue Belt Advanced Document Engine: learn how to interpret XML files within Oracle BigMachines; write the XSL necessary to solve additional business requirement in the Document Engine.
- Oracle BigMachines Blue Belt Advanced Integration (Coming Soon): learn how to integrate the BigMachines application with a number of outside web technologies and services.
Learn More: Oracle CPQ (BigMachines) Training
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training. Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Streams,
- Oracle Learning Cloud and
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- Oracle Cloud Applications Release 10 Implementation Training
- Top 10 IT Skills in 2016
- Where is Today’s Money in the IT Profession?
- 2016 Cloud Predictions: No Surprise - Cloud Training is a Sure Bet!
- Oracle Certification & Training: February 2016 New Offerings - Just Released!
- IT Budget Benchmark for 2015-2016: Your IT Training Trends
- Cloud Campus: a Creative Approach to Transform IT Specialists into Oracle Cloud Architects
- Acquire an Oracle Linux Certification - Benefit from this Highly Sought After Credential
- Certification Corner with Oracle University
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials - Top 10 Training Courses