Wednesday Apr 06, 2016
Wednesday Mar 09, 2016
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Mar 09, 2016
Each month at Oracle University we release a variety of new courses and certifications to make sure we offer a robust portfolio that meets your needs. The following is a sample of new courses and certifications we anticipate will be popular.
Monday Feb 29, 2016
Thursday Feb 25, 2016
By Breanne Cooley on Feb 25, 2016
Friday Jan 29, 2016
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Jan 29, 2016
Monday Aug 17, 2015
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Aug 17, 2015
Tuesday Jul 14, 2015
Make the Most of Your Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne Experience with Preconference Training by Oracle Experts
By Jstiles-Oracle on Jul 14, 2015
Will you be in San Francisco for Oracle OpenWorld or JavaOne? If so, you'll want to take this opportunity to turbo-charge your knowledge and get trained by Oracle experts such as Craig A. Shallahamer, Cary Millsap, Steven Feuerstein, Simon Roberts and more.
Sessions run from 9am to 4pm, with a one-hour lunch break, at Golden Gate University (just a few blocks from the Moscone Center).
When you add Oracle University or Java University to your conference pass during registration, you can choose one of the following full-day sessions to attend:
Oracle University Sessions
- Go Faster: Make Oracle Work for You, with Craig A. Shallahamer
- Thinking Clearly About Performance, with Cary Millsap
- The Best of Oracle PL/SQL, with Steven Feuerstein
- API Gateway: Overview
- Building Private Cloud Solutions with Oracle Exalogic 12c
- The Best of Both Worlds: Enterprise Content Management Meets the Cloud
- Business Intelligence 11g Analytics Overview
- Certification Exam Cram: Upgrade to Oracle Database 12c Oracle Certified Professional
- How to Implement Mobile Security with Oracle Mobile Security Suite
- How to Set Up and Use a NoSQL Database Cluster to Store and Retrieve Big Data
- Managing Oracle Coherence 12c Clusters with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Oracle Big Data: Acquire, Organize, and Analyze Data Sets with Engineered Systems
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Deploy Secure, High-Availability Management Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine: One-Day Overview
- Oracle Identity Manager: Governance Workshop
- Oracle Cloud: Introduction to Database as a Service
- Oracle WebCenter Portal 11g: Administration
- Using Data Mining Techniques for Predictive Analysis
Java University Sessions
- Architect and Design Secure Robust Enterprise Java Applications for the Cloud and Beyond
- Creating Engaging Games with Java FX 8: A Case Study
- Recommended Practices for Java Performance Tuning
- Stay Current with Java SE 8: Java Oracle Certified Professional Exam Cram
- The Latest and the Greatest of RESTful Web Services
- Using the Power of JSF 2.X, HTML5, WebSocket, and JSON
- Using the Power of Java 8 Lambda Expressions and Streams
What's More? Receive a free 30-day Oracle Learning Streams subscription trial when you attend the Oracle University Preconference Training event. Terms and Conditions apply.
Thursday Jun 18, 2015
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Jun 18, 2015
Written by Eva Chase, Senior Global Marketing Manager, Oracle Certification
The May 2015 edition of Certification Magazine describes the current climate for those with a career in database management. It explores how these professionals are expected to manage massive amounts of data.
“Database managers (often referred to as database administrators) are key in ensuring that the information is organized, stored and protected in secure database systems.”
-Mary Kyle, freelance writer and certified Project Manager Professional
Mary goes into great detail about the job responsibilities and skills modern-day database administrators need to excel, as these jobs are evolving with the growing economy.
Projected job growth is expected to rise 15% from now until 2022, bringing numerous opportunities in the job market for the following positions:
- Database architects
- Database designers
- Database analysts
- Database developers
- Database administrators (DBAs)
- Data warehouse specialists (especially in the areas of data mining or business intelligence)
At Oracle, we know these roles and the skills required to fill them. We’re excited about what’s coming into play for DBAs and the associated roles.
We offer training and certification designed to prepare you for these types of database career paths. Securing an Oracle Database Certification prepares you with the skills and capabilities needed to get hired.
Oracle certifications are highly regarded in the tech industry. Oracle University has certified close to 2 million people to date!
View our Oracle Certification website and start by identifying your Oracle Database Certification career path.
Oracle Certified Professionals not only get hired; they also gain confidence that they can excel on the job.
Join our community of DBA certified professionals. We can help you prepare for your exams with Oracle Database training options.
Discount packages for Oracle certifications & training are also available.
Monday May 18, 2015
By Jstiles-Oracle on May 18, 2015
Java has continued to evolve since launching in 1995, but have your skills kept up?
20 years, 592,000+ Certified Java Programmers and 9 Million Java Developers later, Java Developers have never been in more demand than they are today.
According to Dice.com, in January 2015,
“Java was named one of the top 10 skills hiring managers search for when in the market for cloud candidates, according to our November report.”
Do you have the latest Java skills hiring managers are seeking?
If you don’t have these present-day skills, you should consider taking action to develop them. Oracle University offers a variety of instructor-led, online and self-paced courses to get you up to speed for 2015 and beyond.
Check out these popular Java courses you can take to advance your knowledge:
- Java EE7: Front-end Web Application Development
- Java SE 8 Programming
- Java SE 8 Fundamentals
- Developing Applications with Java EE 6 on WebLogic Server 12c
With the increasing demand for Java, Java certifications are also becoming a differentiator to highlight and validate your expertise working with the latest Java technologies. Our new Java SE 8 certification is now available:
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer beta exam – Available at a Reduced Price!
Other popular certifications:
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Component Developer
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java Platform, EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer
View the entire Java training curriculum - visit education.oracle.com/java.
Celebrate Java's 20th Anniversary! oracle.com/java20 Twitter #Java20
Monday Mar 16, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Mar 16, 2015
Written by Jim Vonick and Kristine Kukich
System Administrators have a continuous need to understand the new tools and functionality released within Taleo Recruiting, Taleo Onboarding (Transitions) and Taleo Performance, as well as the need to report on these activities.
Oracle University provides many ways for your team to keep their skills current, check their knowledge and become the system advocate within your organization.
Learn More About the Tools and Functions
Oracle University provides over 150 instructional videos in the new Oracle HCM Cloud Learning Stream. Topics covered go beyond those covered in our traditional courses. With new videos added continuously, this subscription-based learning service is designed to help you regularly broaden and deepen your knowledge.
Watch for some of the more complex topics, including Taleo Connect Client (TCC) and Dynamic Approval Routing (DAR). Upcoming topics include integration techniques and best practices.
In addition, each subscription lets you request specific videos that interest you. You will also have access to a Taleo product expert to help answer your questions.
Preview the Oracle HCM Cloud Learning Stream.
Learn and Test Your Skills through the Taleo ACE Program
Meet with one of our experts and test your knowledge be enrolling in the courses list below.
Designed for business users and system administrators, these courses are packed full of items you may already know, combined with topics with which you may be less familiar. At the end of your session, test your abilities via practical examples and quiz questions to see if you're a Taleo ACE.
Training Courses Beyond the Fundamentals
So you know the fundamentals and you're ready to either tackle advanced topics. Or possibly you're upgrading from legacy Onboarding to Onboarding (Transitions). Here are a few courses to consider.
Thursday Feb 19, 2015
By hamsun-Oracle on Feb 19, 2015
What can a certification do for you? And more importantly (as far as the writers here are concerned), what can Oracle Certification in Java or Oracle Database do for you? There are many opinions on this topic and, rightfully so, opinions vary so we’re happy to share some findings from recent studies that show the increasing value of certifications in a marketplace where demand for skilled Java and Oracle Database continues to rise.
Learn more about Oracle’s certification exams and view the certification paths at certification.oracle.com.
Tuesday Nov 04, 2014
By Kjones-Oracle on Nov 04, 2014
Oracle Database 12c is on its way to becoming “the new black” of the Database world, but can you demonstrate your expertise with this groundbreaking database release?
Let's take a closer look.
Top 5 Reasons to Upgrade Your Oracle Database Certification
5. Enterprises are adopting the latest release of the world’s #1 Database to manage critical and complex workloads. Release 18.104.22.168 includes the anticipated Oracle Database In-Memory feature,which accelerates the performance of Oracle Database applications.
4. Developing Oracle Database skills leads to higher average salaries for DBAs, according to the 2015 Robert Half International Salary Guide for North America.
3. There is now only ONE exam you need to pass to upgrade your OCP certification(s) to the latest release (no matter which release you're certified on). Yes, you heard us right! Only ONE exam.
2. Oracle recently announced new requirements for re-certification. Get ahead of your expiration date by upgrading your certification today.
1. Purchase an Upgrade Certification Discount Package to save 20% on the training, ePractice exams (where available) and exam vouchers to earn your Oracle Database 12c certification.
Upgrade Your Certification Today - Start by Viewing Exam Details
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional - upgrade from 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator OCP - upgrade from Oracle9i, Oracle Database 10g or 11g DBA OCA
Access Other Helpful Resources
- Blog: FAQs on Upgrading your Certification to Oracle Database 12c
- Webinar: Upgrade Your Certification to Oracle Database 12c (Recorded)
- Certification Discount Packages: If you would benefit from training, purchase it together with the certification exam voucher and save 20%.
Friday Sep 05, 2014
By Kjones-Oracle on Sep 05, 2014
Written by Kate Jones, Senior Marketing Manager
Oracle training goes hand-in-hand with Oracle Certification to help students validate their newly acquired skills and for that reason, we offer Oracle Certification Discount Packages that bring them both together so it is easier for you to order.
What is a Certification Discount Package?
Our Certification Discount Packages provide you with the recommended preparation training and the certification exam voucher(s) at a discounted price. We also include the e-Practice exams where we have them available. Here is a summary of some recent package enhancements:
- All Upgrade Edition packages which are intended to help you upgrade your certification to the latest version or release now include a 20% discount.
- Several new packages for Oracle Database 12c have been recently released
- We offer even more Training On Demand, Self-Study and Exam Prep Seminar packages for maximum flexibility. These packages tend to be our most popular too.
Other New Package Releases:
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate Certification Discount Package
- Oracle Certified Database Cloud Administrator Certification Discount Package
- MySQL Database Administrator Certification Discount Package
- Oracle Exadata X3 Administration Certified Expert Certification Discount Package
Have a question about our Certification Discount Packages? Ask it here.
Tuesday Jul 08, 2014
By Jstiles-Oracle on Jul 08, 2014
Written by Jerilyn Stiles, Oracle University Curriculum Product Manager
At Oracle University, we work hard to make sure our training and certification portfolio is current.
Here's a quick summary of our hottest new courses.
Top Course Releases for July
This is just a sample of what we expect to be popular new releases.
Explore all of Oracle's training and certifications at education.oracle.com. Courses can be taken in the classroom or online. Choose your learning method based on your schedule.
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training.
Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Subscriptions,
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- Learn Oracle Application Express – Based on Oracle Database and PL/SQL Technology
- Training Available for Oracle SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Cloud Services
- Expert Instructor Insights: Troubleshooting Application Engine
- Oracle Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Training Content Now Available
- Get Trained on Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- Tackling the Digital Skills Shortage
- Join Us and Innovate with the Latest in MySQL
- New Courses and Certification Exams for April - Just Released!
- Expert Instructor Insights: Using the Recovery Catalog in Oracle Database 11g and 12c
- OpenStack Training Available for Oracle Solaris 11