Thursday Jun 30, 2016
Tuesday Jun 28, 2016
By Breanne Cooley on Jun 28, 2016
Tuesday May 31, 2016
By Breanne Cooley on May 31, 2016
Monday Nov 16, 2015
By Axel Timo Purr-Oracle on Nov 16, 2015
Friday Oct 24, 2014
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Oct 24, 2014
Oracle R Enterprise Essentials Training Now Available
Oracle has adopted R as a language and environment to support statisticians, data analysts and data scientists in performing statistical data analysis and advanced analytics, as well as generating sophisticated graphics.
Oracle R Enterprise (ORE) is a component of the Oracle Database Analytics Option. ORE makes the open source R statistical programming language and environment ready for the enterprise and big data.
Designed for problems involving large amounts of data - Oracle R Enterprise integrates R with Oracle Database
- Using ORE, R users can run R commands and scripts for statistical and graphical analyses on data stored in Oracle Database or outside the database.
- In both cases, users can leverage the power and scalability of Oracle Database to overcome the memory constraints of the base R environment.
- R users can develop, refine and deploy R scripts that leverage parallelism in the database to automate and vastly improve performance of the analytic process.
Because it runs as an embedded component of Oracle Database, ORE can run any R package, either by function pushdown or via embedded R scripts, while the database automatically manages the spawned R engines that process the data.
Oracle R Enterprise Essentials Training will teach you how to access the power of Oracle Database for enhanced R programming and analysis for big data opportunities.
What You Will Learn
Expert Oracle University instructors will guide you through the process of adding the power of ORE to your existing R technical portfolio. As you will learn, ORE transparently leverages the massive scalability of the database for the big data analysis problems.
In this course, you learn how to interact with database data using the R language and R data using ORE functions. In addition, you will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to use Oracle Database for predictive analysis.
Finally, you'll learn how to leverage the database server machine for executing R scripts from SQL and R, both individually and in a data-parallel and task-parallel manner.
Tuesday Dec 17, 2013
By Kjones-Oracle on Dec 17, 2013
Welcome to the dawn of the Big Data age. Your organization may still be years away from implementing a big data strategy, but the groundwork is being laid now and big data skills are highly sought after. Organizations worldwide are looking for data experts who will help lead their organizations into the future.
According to a study by McKinsey Global Institute, by 2018, there will be a shortage of 1.7 million workers with big data skills in the U.S. alone—140,000 to 190,000 workers with deep technical and analytical expertise and 1.5 million managers and analysts with the skills to work with big data outputs.
Which core skills should Data Scientists have?
- Varied technical skills and experience with technologies like Hadoop, NoSQL, Java, C++, Python, ECL, SQL, Hbase, Hive, and Pig… to name a few
- Data Modeling, Warehouse and Unstructured Data Skills
- Business Skills and understanding of the Domain expertise
- Experience with Visualization Tools
- Communication and story telling skills – this is at the heart of what makes a true data scientist. Read this data scientist core skills article for more about how to tell a story with your data.
Data Science Needs Traditional Data Management Skills and Big Data Analytics Skills
Universities are expanding curriculums to train the next generation of data scientists.
But as Mary Shacklett's article illustrates, ideal data scientists needs a combination of traditional data management skills and new big data analytics skills.
Even your organization’s big data revolution seems further out. IT developers and analysts everywhere should be building expertise now so you're on the front lines of your data revolution.
Build Big Data Skills with Oracle University Training Courses
As a leader in the world of data, Oracle is uniquely positioned to educate IT professionals about core big data technologies. Top Oracle University training courses to help you become a better data scientist include:
- Oracle Big Data Overview
- Oracle Big Data Essentials
- Java SE 7 Programming
- Developing Applications with Java EE 6 on WebLogic Server 12c
- Introduction to Oracle NoSQL Database
- Oracle Database 11g: Data Warehousing Fundamentals
-Kate Jones, Senior Marketing Manager, Oracle University
Friday Nov 22, 2013
By Breanne Cooley on Nov 22, 2013
Across all businesses, big data enables you to analyze more accurately, make more confident decisions and realize better operational efficiencies. Big data can also decrease costs and reduce risks.
Today, companies use data to model and control processes and run their business. This torrent of new data offers an opportunity to gain unprecedented insight and quickly test new ideas. It also provides the power to fundamentally change business operations.
Big data is revolutionizing the way government and businesses operate virtually overnight. As you explore how to leverage the power of big data in your business, let the experts at Oracle University help you develop the skills you need to let big data transform your world.
Take Oracle University's Big Data Essentials training:
- Explore the 4 Big Data characteristics are: volume, velocity, variety and value.
- Define your big data goals
- Convert big data into opportunities.
- Take advantage of an integrated platform for Big Data.
- Walk through the four-phase solution: acquire, organize, analyze and decide.
- Explore your data acquisition options in Big Data Appliance.
- Where does HDFS stand?
- How about Flume?
- Take advantage of the convenience of Oracle NoSQL Database.
- Get introduced to Hive.
- Use the big data connectors to analyze all your data for extreme performance.
- With Oracle Loader for Hadoop, you can use Hadoop MapReduce processing to create optimized data sets for efficient loading and analysis.
- With Oracle R Enterprise, Oracle's version of the widely used Project R statistical environment, you can use R on very large data sets without any modifications to the end user experience.
- Examine Big Data use cases.
Learn more about Oracle Big Data Essentials
Why not sign up for the Oracle Big Data Essentials course..
-Diana Gray, Principal Curriculum Product Manager, Oracle University
Tuesday Nov 19, 2013
By Breanne Cooley on Nov 19, 2013
What's new this month at Oracle University? Here are some highlights.
JD Edwards 9.1 Training RightNow Training Primavera Unifier Training Taleo Training New Training and Certification for Oracle Industry
Solutions Oracle Utilities Training Oracle Retail Training New - Oracle Big Data Appliance Courses Oracle Database 12c Courses – Learn What’s New Validate
your expertise and add value by earning an Oracle
Database 12c Certification. New Oracle 12c Courses: ODI, WebLogic
Server, and Coherence Check out the Oracle University website to learn more. See you in class! -Oracle University Marketing Team
The Oracle Linux 5 and 6 System Administration
exam (1Z1-100) is now in beta testing, giving you
the opportunity to take the exam at a discounted rate of only $50 USD. Take the
exam at one of Pearson
VUE's many testing centers worldwide.
JD Edwards 9.1 Training
Primavera Unifier Training
New Training and Certification for Oracle Industry Solutions
Oracle Utilities Training
Oracle Retail Training
New - Oracle Big Data Appliance Courses
Oracle Database 12c Courses – Learn What’s New
Validate your expertise and add value by earning an Oracle Database 12c Certification.
New Oracle 12c Courses: ODI, WebLogic Server, and Coherence
Check out the Oracle University website to learn more. See you in class!
-Oracle University Marketing Team
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training.
Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Subscriptions,
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- Why Choose Oracle University for IT Training & Certification?
- Trained Millennial = Happy Millennial
- Succeed in the Cloud - Take Oracle Cloud Learning Courses
- Learn About Exadata Database Machine 12c through Oracle Training
- Oracle Linux 7 – What’s New Training from Oracle University
- New Training and Certifications in July
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Training - Now Available!
- NEW Oracle SuperCluster Training for Database Administrators
- How Companies Are Using Big Data
- The Big Picture on Big Data