Your life is driven by convenience. Your certification testing experience should be too. Fit testing into your busy schedule with online proctoring.
All Oracle Certification exams are now available with a remote proctor through OnVUE, an online proctoring option offered by Pearson VUE. This option gives you the freedom to test when and where it's convenient for you.
OnVUE offers a secure, online format for taking your certification exam. This means you can take your exam at your own location, using your own laptop, with a remote proctor present online.
'How do I do that?' you may ask. Start with watching this quick video and then follow the steps below.
- You'll need to start by ensuring that your system and your space meet the requirements for online proctoring.
- Review the policies
- Test Your System
- Read the FAQs
- Review the information page
- Please be aware of all the requirements and recommendations for testing through OnVUE. You don't want to be surprised on test day!
- You will want to know that Pearson VUE recommends you use your personal computer for testing rather than using a work computer, to avoid firewall issues.
- You'll certainly want to know ahead of time that your work area will be checked by the proctor prior to exam launch and your desktop should be clean and that you should not be within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, pencils, and other writing instruments/objects. If your desk is anything like mine, you may need a few days of pre-planning to get it cleaned off!
- You should also be aware that additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off, and that items on the wall with writing on them, such as whiteboards, will be inspected.
- In order to be permitted to proceed with taking the exam, your work space must pass the room scan. Be sure that you carefully read all the information available, including policies that you'll agree to when registering for the exam with OnVUE to avoid costly surprises on exam day.
- Next, you register for the exam. Registration for online proctoring is the same as registration for an exam at a testing center.
- Sign In
- Select the blue 'View Exams' button, and then click 'All Certification Exams' to select the exam you wish to take.
- You can also find the exam you're looking for by searching for the exam name or number in the 'Find an Exam' search field at the top of the page.
- Any exam number followed by 'JPN' indicates that the exam is in Japanese. Only make this selection if you are in Japan.
- Click on the exam name to select the exam.
- This screen is where you indicate that you'd like to take the exam via online proctoring - OnVUE. Select the 'At a home or office' option.
- At this point you will be able to run your system check if 1) you have not already done so (in which case it wouldn't hurt to do it again), and 2) you are registering using the machine on which you will also take your exam.
- On the next screen you will be required to agree to all the 'Online Exam Policies.'
- If you have not already done so, please read these policies carefully to be sure that you're familiar with them. My mantra is 'no surprises.'
- Follow the rest of the steps to schedule a date and time for your exam.
If you get to the exam date and you are not able to test because your computer or your space does not meet the requirements, you could lose your exam fee. Don't put yourself in this situation. Read all information twice and be sure that you're completely prepared for your testing experience.
OnVUE is a great testing option if you are prepared. Just familiarize yourself with the requirements, be prepared, and you may never go back to a test center again!
Oracle Learning Subscriptions Eight Quick Tips