To get the most value out of your Oracle products, it's essential to understand how they work so you can leverage their unique capabilities.
If you understand the nuts and bolts of the Oracle Exadata Database Machine, you can take advantage of all of the features, performance, scalability and availability for running Oracle Database.
Benefits of Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Accelerate performance for all workloads by up to 10x
- Reduce database storage requirements by up to 10x
- Get the performance you require within budget using workload-optimized elastic configurations
- Lower costs by consolidating all workloads on one platform
Get started with Exadata Database Machine: 12c Administration Workshop
Oracle Exadata training helps you understand elastic configurations, monitoring, flash storage options, smart scan technology, Smart Flash Cache, the Infiniband network and more.
Our instructors will teach you how to take advantage of the unique features associated with Exadata as well as the new Oracle Exadata Database Cloud Service.
Watch Video >
Prerequisites are required to fully benefit from this 5-day course:
- A working knowledge of Unix/Linux along with an understanding of general networking, storage and system administration concepts.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of Oracle Database 11g Release 2 or 12c, including Oracle Clusterware and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
This course will help you learn how to:
- Describe Exadata Storage Server and how it's different from traditional database storage.
- List the key capabilities and features of Exadata Database Machine and Exadata Storage Server.
- Implement Exadata Storage Server security.
- Use query execution plans, statistics and wait events to examine Exadata Smart Scan.
- Describe various options and best-practice recommendations for consolidation on Exadata Database Machine.
- Describe various options for migrating to Database Machine and how to select the best approach.
- Perform various maintenance tasks on Exadata Database Machine.
- Configure Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c in conjunction with Exadata Database Machine.
- Monitor Exadata Database Machine using the monitoring infrastructure inherently within Exadata Database Machine, along with the monitoring capabilities exposed through Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
- Use other utilities for monitoring Exadata Database Machine which are supplied by Oracle.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.