Businesses are choosing Oracle PaaS and IaaS solutions for a variety of reasons, including improved agility to innovate faster, ability to scale easily, and cost effectiveness.
Organizations moving to the cloud will need to rely heavily on the skills of their employees to be successful. To be effective in the cloud, your employees need to be trained in the cloud.
This means employees cannot rely solely on their existing core skills to work in the cloud.
Typically, they’ll have one of the following training needs:
- Reskill to the cloud
- Learn new cloud skills
- Learn new cloud technologies
- Stay current on the latest features as your cloud services evolve
- Get Cloud certified
Changing Job Roles
Due to changing tool sets, processes, and responsibilities, many traditional job roles will need reskilling when moving to the cloud, including:
- Database administrators
- System administrators
- Network administrators
Some new cloud job titles that will likely be needed are;
- Cloud DBAs
- Big Data Cloud administrators
- Cloud Service administrators
- Cloud architects
- Cloud, Mobile, IoT and Polyglot developers
Enable Your Business Transformation to the Cloud
Here's an innovative way to ensure your team of technical professionals has the necessary cloud platform and infrastructure skills: empower them with an Oracle Cloud Learning Subscription.
Oracle Cloud Learning Subscriptions are digital solutions that offer 24/7 access to complete sets of high quality courses, hands-on labs using live cloud environments, and Oracle certification exams.
Courses and certifications are often grouped into learning paths to provide you with step-by-step guidance. Learn through use cases based on real world examples and practical applications taught by top Oracle experts.
To better help meet your learning objectives, you have the option to learn by:
- Job role
- A specific cloud technology
- Solution ('use case')
Finally, this solution meets all five of the training needs identified above. This means each of your team members will benefit from access to a learning subscription.
New PaaS/IaaS Learning Subscriptions
New learning subscriptions are available for the following platform and infrastructure services:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Become a cloud infrastructure administrator or architect. Learn about Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), OCI Classic, Ravello and a host of new technologies.
- Data Management Cloud Services: Become a cloud DBA, Big Data cloud administrator, or cloud developer. Learn about the following Cloud Services: Database, Database Backup Cloud, MySQL, Big Data, Exadata, Exadata Express, Autonomous NoSQl Database, Event Hub and Data Hub.
- Application Development Cloud Services: Become a cloud application developer or administrator. Learn about Application Development Cloud Services, including Java, Developer, Mobile, Application Container, Visual Builder, Application Builder, Messaging and Blockchain.
- Business Analytics Cloud Services: BI analysts, data scientists and administrators will learn how to set up, manage and use Business Analytics Cloud Services, including Analytics Cloud, BI, Data Visualization and Essbase.
- Integration Cloud Services: Become a cloud application or data integration specialist. Explore Oracle Integration Cloud , IoT, SOA, Data Integration and Process Automation.
- Oracle Management Cloud Services: Cloud IT administrators, Business analysts, and DevOps practitioners will learn about Management Cloud Services, including Application Performance Monitoring, Infrastructure Monitoring, Log Analytics, Orchestration and IT Analytics. (Coming Soon)
- Oracle Security Cloud Services: Become a cloud security specialist. Learn about Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Identity, and configuration and compliance, and security monitoring and analytics. (Coming Soon)
Learn more about Oracle PaaS and IaaS Learning Subscriptions.