Utilize Oracle Linux – A High Performance Operating System
By Breanne Cooley on Apr 17, 2014
Written by Diana Gray, Principal Curriculum Product Manager, Oracle University
Oracle Linux is a high-performance operating system. It is free to download and distribute, and includes source code, binaries, patches and updates.
The code has been optimized for database servers and is used in the following Oracle systems:
- Oracle Exadata Machine
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Oracle Exalogic Cloud
- Oracle Database Appliance
Enroll in Oracle Linux System Administration Training
Oracle University provides industry-leading training courses and certification exams to help you develop and validate the skills that hiring managers are seeking.
Through hands-on training with expert Oracle University instructors, you'll gain the knowledge to deliver extreme performance, advanced scalability and reliability for enterprise applications and systems.
- UNIX and Linux Essentials training- designed for users and administrators who are new to the Oracle Solaris 11 and Oracle Linux operating systems. This course will help you develop the basic UNIX skills to interact comfortably and confidently with the operating system.
- Oracle Linux System Administration training - comes in multiple modalities. This course covers a range of skills including installation, using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, configuring Linux services, preparing the system for the Oracle Database, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Oracle Linux Advanced Administration training - helps you become more knowledgeable about many of Oracle Linux’s advanced features and functionally.
Preview New Oracle Linux System Administration TOD Training
Looking to gain an edge over your peers in a competitive job market?
Pursuing Oracle Linux Certifications will help you stand out in the crowd. Not only will you learn how to implement and administer the Oracle Linux Operating System; you'll also demonstrate your commitment to continuous learning and increase your chances of being hired.
Get started today!