Rely on MySQL as your Embedded Database
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Aug 29, 2014
Written by Diana Gray, Principal Curriculum Product Manager, Oracle University
MySQL is an excellent choice for a low cost embedded database.
Over 3,000 ISVs, OEMs and VARs choose MySQL for this purpose and benefit from significant cost savings when compared to using a competing database product. MySQL enables the cost-effective delivery of reliable, high-performance and scalable web-based and embedded database applications.
Now you can benefit from targeted training that will cover advanced features, management tools and technical knowledge needed to develop, deploy and manage your MySQL applications.
Experience the following benefits:
- Low-cost, with features that ensure costs of goods sold remains low throughout and application's lifecycle.
- Cross platform flexibility, with support for over 20 platforms. This provides the freedom to ship products on multiple hardware and operating system combinations in more markets.
- High performance, reliability and scalability to meet the requirements of the most demanding applications, including Telco and Network Management. Includes a full-featured RDBMS to make products more competitive as customers' data needs inevitably increase.
- Ease-of-use, with fast installation, configuration and integration so developers can focus on application development, reducing costs and time to market.
- This course teaches you how the "libmysqld" library is effectively a MySQL server in its own right. It is shipped as part of the standard MySQL installation. Developers with C/C++ ability can embed this library easily within their applications. It can do most of what a standard client/server installation can do, with notable exceptions being the lack of replication capability and a limit on the number of simultaneous client connections.