Ensure Payroll Success with PeopleSoft Year-End Training for U.S. and Canada
By Breanne Cooley on Oct 31, 2013
Year-end payroll processing and reporting is a requirement for your business. If you're responsible for completing these processes in either Canada or the United States using the PeopleSoft Payroll application, and if you're new to PeopleSoft Payroll or to performing these processes, consider enrolling in Oracle University's expert training.
Our PeopleSoft Payroll specialists will guide you through the necessary steps to ensure you can smoothly and successfully perform your job. Training is specific to the country for which you are performing the processing and reporting.
Training lasts one day and is delivered in our Live Virtual Class Format, which helps you avoid travel during this busy season. Here's the training we recommend:
- Update tax reporting setup tables and update employees' income and tax records.
- Load each employee's year-end data into a single year-end record for processing and reporting.
- Identify reports needed to reconcile the year-end data.
- Correct tax balances and other data as necessary.
- Generate final print and online W-2 forms and prepare the electronic file for the Social Security Administration.
- Enter corrected W-2 information and print a W-2c form.
- Report periodic retirement distributions and related tax withholding amounts on form 1099-R.
This course covers the steps necessary to perform Canadian year-end processing using Oracle's PeopleSoft Payroll for North America.
- Explore adjustments, balances, year-end slip processing, common pitfalls and errors and balancing reports.
- Produce accurate year-end reporting results such as T4, T4A, RL-1 and RL-2.
See you in class!
-Oracle University Marketing Team