By KJones on May 02, 2014
Oracle Hyperion EPM 126.96.36.199 brought many new enhancements that make it even easier to use.
We spoke to some of our Oracle University instructors to get their thoughts on which enhancements you’ll find most beneficial. If you're not currently using these enhancements, now's the time to reap the benefits!
- Flexible Custom Dimensions allow you to manage members in dimensions distinctly by Plan Type if you desire; so the properties of Account “X” in Plan1 do not have to be the same as in Plan2. The Dimension Editor provides a drop-down to manage members by “All” Plan Types, or one specific plan at a time.
- New Task List Types, such as Copy Version and Job Console, allow for easier navigation through the system.
- Task List Dashboard and Report Page allow you to generate Gantt Charts, pie charts and other graphical representations and reports of the Task Lists based on more robust features like Task List Type, Assigned User and Due Dates.
- FDMEE integration with other source systems.
- “Fish” icon retained – option to replace with custom icon now available.
- You can have non-contiguous periods in multi-load files.
- Custom Scripts are now an option; Custom Scripts are mainly used to perform tasks like importing data into auxiliary tables, copying files, sending an email from FDMEE, etc.
- FDMEE now supports loading ICP transactions into ICT Module.
- Ability to validate target members from mapping tables.
- The Data Governance functionality, now covered in this course, allows a broad group of people to "propose" changes to hierarchies and go through a process of reviewing, checking and approving changes.
- Dynamic Scripting - you can now choose between traditional formula expressions using DRM native functions, or developing java script formulas for derived properties and validation rules in DRM.
- The new print engine that does not require a 3rd party PDF generator product like Adobe or GhostScript.
- Users now have the ability to format annotation text.
- Select members from drop-down list in Data Forms.
- Open data grids in Smart View.
- Improvements to the POV: POV settings are now “sticky.” Reorder and hide dimensions in the POV bar for grids and forms. Define which dimension follow user POV in grids.
Oracle University now offers courses for Oracle Hyperion EPM 188.8.131.52 to help you make the most of these new features:
• Oracle Hyperion Planning 11.1.2: Create & Manage Applications (184.108.40.206)
• Oracle Hyperion Financial Mgmt 11.1.2: Create & Manage Applications (220.127.116.11)
• Oracle Hyperion Financial Mgmt 11.1.2: Create Rules Using Calc Mgr(18.104.22.168) – Coming Soon!
• Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management EE Administration (22.214.171.124)
• Oracle Data Relationship Management 11.1.2 Administration (126.96.36.199)
• Oracle Hyperion Planning 11.1.2 for Interactive Users (188.8.131.52)
• Oracle Essbase 11.1.2: Calculate Block Storage Databases (184.108.40.206)
• Oracle Hyperion Smart View 11.1.2 for Planning (220.127.116.11)
• Oracle Hyperion Financial Management 11.1.2 for Interactive Users (18.104.22.168)
• Oracle Hyperion PSPB 11.1.2: Create & Manage Applications (22.214.171.124) – Coming Soon!
-Oracle University Enterprise Performance Management Training Delivery Team