Written by James Spiller, Senior Principal Curriculum Developer
Time is at a premium and learning what you need to know has to fit into your busy schedule. Training On Demand courses can help you meet your requirements. You can watch recorded classroom and hands-on sessions in whatever increments fit your schedule.
Oracle Audit Value and Database Firewall (AVDF)
Monitor database activity. Block threats. Audit efficiently across the enterprise.
So I ask you:
- How are you managing audit requirements?
- Are you running reports that no one reviews?
- Are you unsure if the reports actually provide the information required for regulatory compliance?
- How would you know if you were a victim of an SQL injection attack?
- Are the failed SQL harmless user errors, or attempts to retrieve data outside the authorized limits?
The AVDF product provides the tools to answer these and other compliance questions. Furthermore, the AVDF protects your databases from malicious SQL, whether it comes from SQL injection or by passing the application.
The new "Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall" is broken into two modules:
1. The Install and Configure module is for the administrators, network, database and system responsible for the installation, network, network configuration and maintenance.
2. The Policies and Reports module is for the auditors and security officers who create the policies, review the reports and respond to the alerts. The AVDF appliances are installed separately. The Audit Vault server may be deployed as a standalone, but the Database Firewall requires at least one Audit Vault server on the same management network.
Get Trained Now
The Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall: Install and Configure (AVDF) course explains how to install an Audit Vault appliance and Database Firewall appliance, configure these appliances in your network and perform administrative tasks. This course will help you learn how to set up backup targets, install agents, customize agents, configure high availability firewalls and determine where to place the firewall in the network, which depends on your requirement to monitor or block incoming SQL.
The Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall: Policies & Reports (AVDF) course describes the tasks usually expected of an auditor or security officer. In this course, learn how to create and deploy firewall policies, create and implement audit policies, generate, review and attest audit reports and create and review alerts.