By Breanne Cooley on Nov 22, 2013
Across all businesses, big data enables you to analyze more accurately, make more confident decisions and realize better operational efficiencies. Big data can also decrease costs and reduce risks.
Today, companies use data to model and control processes and run their business. This torrent of new data offers an opportunity to gain unprecedented insight and quickly test new ideas. It also provides the power to fundamentally change business operations.
Big data is revolutionizing the way government and businesses operate virtually overnight. As you explore how to leverage the power of big data in your business, let the experts at Oracle University help you develop the skills you need to let big data transform your world.
Take Oracle University's Big Data Essentials training:
- Explore the 4 Big Data characteristics are: volume, velocity, variety and value.
- Define your big data goals
- Convert big data into opportunities.
- Take advantage of an integrated platform for Big Data.
- Walk through the four-phase solution: acquire, organize, analyze and decide.
- Explore your data acquisition options in Big Data Appliance.
- Where does HDFS stand?
- How about Flume?
- Take advantage of the convenience of Oracle NoSQL Database.
- Get introduced to Hive.
- Use the big data connectors to analyze all your data for extreme performance.
- With Oracle Loader for Hadoop, you can use Hadoop MapReduce processing to create optimized data sets for efficient loading and analysis.
- With Oracle R Enterprise, Oracle's version of the widely used Project R statistical environment, you can use R on very large data sets without any modifications to the end user experience.
- Examine Big Data use cases.
Learn more about Oracle Big Data Essentials
Why not sign up for the Oracle Big Data Essentials course..
-Diana Gray, Principal Curriculum Product Manager, Oracle University