The Oracle Retail Week Awards will soon be here
By Sarah E Taylor-Oracle on Mar 11, 2013
2012 was another challenging year for the UK retail industry, but the Oracle Retail Week Awards held later this week once again show that many retailers are rising to the challenges facing the industry and responding to the pace of change in the market place with innovation, creativity and excellence, that meets the demands of a new and complex breed of customer that is shopping across channels, across borders and across categories.
Oracle’s recent Evolution of Experience Retailing research highlighted the need for UK retailers to deliver a retail experience that is “good for me”, whereby the specific needs and expectations of the individual consumer is met. Companies shortlisted for these Awards demonstrate that many retailers understand this and are working to make every interaction good for each customer.
Whilst the winners won’t be announced until 14th March at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London, as a judge for the Awards, I can say that competition was fierce for many of the categories given the high caliber of entries. There was a lot of debate around which nominations should be shortlisted, let alone naming the winners for many of the awards. What the judging day did show was that British retail has some fantastic retailers that are winning consumer confidence, delivering on their promises to customers.
Categories for Awards include:
- The Ashton Partnership Product Innovation of the Year
- Pure-Play Etailer of the Year
- Speciality Retailer of the Year
- The Trinity Mirror plc Marketing/Advertising Campaign of the Year
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year
- The Brandbank Multichannel Retailer of the Year
- The Serco Customer Service Initiative of the Year Award
- The Deloitte Employer of the Year
- Store Manager of the Year
- The ReThink Retail Technology Initiative of the Year
- Store Design of the Year
- Retail Destination of the Year
- International Growth Initiative of the Year
- The Wipro Retail International Retailer of the Year
- The Zolfo Cooper Growth Retailer Year Award
- The Clarity Search Retail Leader of the Year
- Oracle Retailer of the Year