“The Evolution of Experience Retailing” set to be launched next week
By Sarah E Taylor-Oracle on Jan 10, 2013
Next week during our Oracle Retail Exchange event in New York, Mike Webster Senior Vice President and General Manager, will unveil new global research from Oracle Retail, during a VIP reception at the American Museum of Natural History on Tuesday 15th January.
Oracle recognises that the pace of change in the global marketplace is unprecedented. The view we have is that consumers are now in charge, demanding the provision of commerce anywhere, the benefits of the competitive marketplace and the latest technologies to enhance their shopping experiences. This is the age of the individual that wants every retail interaction to be ‘good for me’, to be defined and dictated by ‘my’ preferences.
To substantiate these views, Oracle undertook a global survey in August 2012 looking at the views of consumers in Brazil, China, Germany, Japan, Russia, the UK and USA about the global marketplace and what this means in terms of meeting their needs. The findings of the research entitled ‘The Evolution of Experience Retailing’ will help retailers to define their strategies and key business imperatives and enable them to compete more effectively in an increasingly powerful consumer-led world.
This new research explored the views and expectations of consumers on:
- Attitudes and preferences around shopping globally and locally
- Which retail attributes matter to consumers
- Getting the most from interactions with retailers
- Understanding what service, experience and personalisation mean to consumers
- The importance of service, experience and personalisation in the shopping process
- Consumer reactions to poor retail experiences and service
- Use of mobile and social media in the shopping process
- The factors that drive consumers to make decisions around shopping with particular retailers
- Acceptance and interaction with the global marketplace
- The imbalance in the retail market and how traditional retailers are competing effectively or otherwise in the global landscape
Further details regarding the Evolution of Experience Retailing research will be announced on this blog over the coming week. Visit again, or subscribe to our blog RSS feed to receive future posts.
You can also join Oracle Retail online communities to hear what your peers have to say about the research and for details of how to download it following the launch.