As an OPN gold-level member or higher, are you looking to open doors to new business? Add credibility to your profile? Show your capabilities with Oracle products? We have good news: through the Oracle Partner & Customer Reference Program, YOU CAN.
Oracle believes that partner success stories need to be recognized and promoted. We provide the funding and resources to eligible partners and their customers in order to turn their success stories into references. Depending on opportunity and eligibility, the Oracle Partner/Customer Reference Program showcases these successes as references, in the form of a written success story, magazine article, video or podcast.
Nomination criteria: Do you have what it takes?
Before getting started, ensure you meet all of the nomination criteria. The project reference must:
- Be live for at least three months;
- Have strong business value & measurable benefits;
- A satisfied customer who has agreed to be a reference and has the authority to be interviewed;
- Include the current product version. (Oracle Cloud products are given priority.)
Once you’ve established that you meet the criteria, partners are required to obtain customer agreement to be referenced. Once you have the green light from your customer, you’ll need to fill out and submit the Reference Request Form which includes the information needed to be considered for the program.
Once your nomination has been reviewed and approved by Oracle, a writer is assigned to interview your customer. Once the story is drafted, it will be sent to you and your customer for approval. Once you and your customer approve of the story, Oracle publishes it on Oracle.com/customers. Note that on average, this process takes about three months. Timing is dependent on customer availability/responsiveness.
You’re published! Now what?
Once your reference is published, it’s important to promote the story to your advantage. Here are a few suggestions:
Make sure to leverage your hard work in every area you can!
- Include it in your OPN Solutions Catalog profile;
- Link to it from your corporate website;
- Take it to your prospects and initiate a project discussion;
- Feature it in your company newsletters, on your social media platforms and in your email signature;
- Use it as collateral in events or campaigns;
Moral of the story
References are critical selling tools that give you a basis for valuable dialogues with prospects. Don't miss the opportunity to ask a satisfied customer to be a reference. Doing so only helps you build your pipeline and get recognized.
All the best,
Oracle PartnerNetwork Comms team