Today, mobile users expect increased productivity, efficiency, simplicity and excellent customer service. Yet, delivering enterprise mobility is complex, with more than 80 percent of an organization’s time being spent on development, integration, security and maintenance of mobile apps. In defining an enterprise mobile strategy, organizations are looking at best of breed technologies in these key areas. With Oracle and its mobile partner ecosystem, organizations can now quickly deliver innovative new services and securely connect, analyze, and integrate real-time data, at scale, between connected devices and enterprise systems.
Oracle recently announced an expanded Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) member ecosystem for Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, part of Oracle Cloud Platform. Through co-development, joint go-to-market and other partner initiatives, Oracle and its mobile partner ecosystem provide customers with the choice, flexibility and complete solutions that enable faster delivery of better and more engaging mobile apps. The latest partners to collaborate with Oracle include AirWatch (VMware), AuraPlayer, MobileIron, RapidValue, Sencha, Sofbang, and Syniverse.
“Oracle has clearly moved to the forefront of enterprise mobile platform providers,” said Sri Ramanathan, group vice president Mobile, Oracle. “In this increasingly mobile only world, Oracle is focused on delivering both task-specific, out-of-the-box enterprise mobile apps and providing a complete and open platform that allows enterprises to quickly build and deliver better, smarter mobile apps. Our focus has been to simplify enterprise mobility and now together with our mobile partner ecosystem, we are simplifying how customers build and deploy innovative mobile solutions.”
Oracle has been delivering enterprise mobile applications for more than four years and continues to help customers and partners bring mobility to the enterprise with Oracle Mobile Cloud Service. Oracle Mobile Cloud Service is an open and agnostic cloud offering that simplifies and secures the process of connecting mobile applications to enterprise systems and other cloud services. It allows developers to use the application development framework of their choice, or existing investment in third-party solutions, and securely connect to backend data sources, enabling them to create engaging mobile experiences in a simple, intuitive manner.
“To transform business processes, enterprise mobile apps must be secure without sacrificing user experience,” said Noah Wasmer, senior vice president of mobile products, End-User Computing, VMware. “VMware AirWatch EMM combined with Oracle Mobile Cloud Service delivers just that – a streamlined development and deployment process that enables our customers to change the way employees work with intuitive and insightful apps, built on the AirWatch foundation of strong management and security.”
“We are delighted to work with Oracle as part of the marketplace for Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, enabling us to serve a broader enterprise customer segment,” said Dave Murashige, general manager, Enterprise and Intelligence Solutions, Syniverse. “Working together, Syniverse and Oracle are committed to simplifying enterprise mobility.”
New Mobile Partner Collaborations
- AirWatch (VMWare). Enterprise Mobility Management enables organizations to easily deploy, configure, secure, manage and support smartphones, tablets, laptops and other devices across multiple mobile platforms and operating systems. The VMware AirWatch platform includes industry-leading mobile device, email, identity, application, content and browser management solutions.Oracle’s collaboration with AirWatch helps customers ensure apps built and integrated using Oracle Mobile Cloud Service are automatically secured with AirWatch.
- AuraPlayer's unique solution “wraps” existing Oracle Forms / Oracle E-Business Suite systems as Web Services within hours, without writing a single line of code, while production systems remain untouched. The inclusion of AuraPlayer in the mobile ecosystem allows customers to leverage their existing investments through API's that directly plugin to Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, without the need to migrate or redevelop back-office applications. This provides a quick, low-risk way to kick start a legacy to mobile strategy.
- MobileIron provides a secure foundation for enterprises to transform into mobile first organizations. The MobileIron platform secures data at rest in mobile operating systems and applications, as well as data-in-motion as it moves between corporate networks, endpoints and data repositories.Oracle’s collaboration with MobileIron enables customers to easily deploy applications built in Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, and helps ensure endpoints accessing Oracle Applications are compliant and that the data used by Oracle mobile apps is kept secure.
- RapidValue enables digital transformation for enterprises. eQuipMe is an Enterprise Mobility Suite comprising 200+ pre-built modules, built-in connectors and 30+ pre-built fully-customizable mobile solutions.These solutions are developed using Oracle Mobile Application Framework. The platform leverages Oracle Mobile Cloud Service for quicker integration, offline capabilities, and storage, and helps improve staff productivity, streamlines workflow, fastens decision making, and reduces cost for enterprises, by automating the process and providing data access to users in real time.
- Sofbang is focused on Business Process Application Extensions, Enterprise Mobility Solutions and cloud-simplified, hybrid, private, PaaS & SaaS solutions. Key Oracle integrated cloud solutions include License & Subscription and Contracts Management, Mobile On-boarding (EE, Contractor, Customer), Mobile Service Request Management, Mobile Workforce Management, Funds Mgmt, Project Mgmt and WO Asset Mgmt. Sofbang was the proud recipient of an Oracle Excellence Award for Specialized Partner of the Year for Mobility.
- Syniverse makes mobile work by developing solutions to help brands enhance and enrich user experiences while enabling business processes that increase engagement and build greater brand loyalty. As an ecosystem partner, Syniverse helps brands with innovative messaging solutions integrated with Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, enabling these brands to reach mobile users in real time through mobile messaging, anytime, anywhere.
If you are interested in learning more, please visit us at Oracle Mobile at: www.oracle.com/mobile.
Senior Director, Product Marketing -- Fusion Middleware