By Kelly Greenly-Oracle on Dec 17, 2013
Year-in-Review: Oracle PartnerNetwork’s Top 10 Triumphs
With six fewer days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, it’s safe to say we’re all feeling a bit frazzled. In the midst of everyone’s hurried schedules, we wanted to stop and take a moment to thank all of our partners for another great year together.
With that, let’s take a quick look at OPN’s top 10 achievements of 2013:
- We started the year off on an M2M and big data note, outlining how our customers can leverage Java to manage heavy volumes of structured + unstructured data.
- The announcement of Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 in March, which extends the use of Oracle Database Appliance while simultaneously boosting hardware configuration. Oracle Database Appliance X4-2 with enhanced hardware was launched last month, as well.
- The launch of Oracle’s new SPARC Servers took us into the summer months, teaching customers how to increase their share of wallet. Fun fact: Oracle’s SPARC T5 Servers are powered by the world’s fastest T5 processor, and have achieved 17 world record benchmarks!
- Oracle’s partners took center stage at this summer’s FY14 Global Partner Kickoff. Thanks again to those who participated in our highly-entertaining Twitter contest. It’s definitely a must-do for next year!
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013 was another huge success this year and came complete with the Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange. Get the full download here.
- We’re keeping the lines between hardware and software clear as IT migrates toward a converged architecture. Or as Oracle likes to call it, Engineered Systems. Read more.
- The greatest come-from-behind victory in modern history came at the 34thAmerica’s Cup and belongs to Oracle! Read more about ORACLE TEAM USA.
- An interesting case study on the Internet of Things (IoT) and how Oracle takes the complexity out of designing, building and maintaining an IoT infrastructure for VARs.
- Enablement –> Cloud –> Incentive Programs –> Exastack = the four major initiatives that make Oracle the vendor of choice for some of the industry’s biggest hitting VARs. Get the full story here!
- Last but certainly not least, the customer experience (CX) revolution is near. See what Oracle is doing with Oracle CX and how VARs can get involved here.
What are your business’ top 10 achievements in 2013? We’ll give you some time to think them over. In the meantime, cheers to a very happy holiday season and prosperous New Year.
The OPN Elves