By Meghan Fritz-Oracle on Oct 15, 2014
Oracle OpenWorld Statistics for a Trivia Contest
Yes, Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is over. The town is no longer painted
(or signed) Oracle red. San Franciscans have their Howard Street back.
And traffic is inching past Moscone Center in the usual congested way.
SOMA restaurants have that table by the window open for 7 p.m. Hotels
are starting to advertise available rooms. And Oracle staff members are
creating new files labeled “Oracle OpenWorld 2015.” By the way, have you saved the date for Oracle OpenWorld 2015 - October 25-29, 2015?
Here are some statistics about Oracle OpenWorld 2014. Use them to impress friends, colleagues, and perfect strangers with your knowledge. And as with any set of statistics, the numbers could change as additional reports come in.
- 60,000 attendees and more than 7 million online
- Attendees from 145 countries, the majority from North America
- 460 partner exhibits in more than 392,620 square feet of space
- 3,460 speakers (more than 1,825 partner and customer speakers)
- 437 stations in Oracle DEMOgrounds
- 34,512 session seats
- More than 111,946 hotel room nights sold
- 950 wireless access points
- 49,000 gallons of filtered tap water served
- 100,000 sodas served
- 152,000 cups of coffee
This blog post was originally published on the Oracle OpenWorld blog, and re-purposed for YOU, our partners.
The #oow15 planning commitee