By Meghan Fritz-Oracle on Sep 30, 2015
Happy #HumpDay, partners,
We wanted to take a second and share an interesting blog post from ESG Founder and Senior Analyst Steve Duplessie. A man who has spent much of his career being averse to Oracle hardware.
Duplessie shares his insights into the advantages of running Oracle on Oracle. He gives praise to Oracle’s cloud strategy, vertical integration from chip to middleware to cloud, and the company’s bold R&D investments each year.
- “I didn't realize Oracle's cloud strategy is so extensive…”
- “It’s $12,000 a year for 1 PB of storage. 1000 TBs. For $12 grand. That’s insane.”
- “Every company in the world can afford to archive data at those price points.”
- “Oracle is 100% committed to expanding its cloud services.”
- “Oracle is vertically integrating everything from the chip to the app to the middleware to the storage to the cloud… The real world benefits from one throat to choke, and one “system” approach. The consumer variant of this has been Apple, and it worked. We’re already seeing a huge trend back to integrated computing stacks, and Oracle just happens to be positioned enormously well here – since everyone runs their database and apps.”
- “Bottom line is if you're running Oracle software, you can get net incremental advantages that make the software run that much better on Oracle hardware and in the Oracle Cloud.”