By laurenmckay-Oracle on Oct 24, 2015
Oracle OpenWorld is proud to be one of the most sustainable events in the world, but there's still more work to be done. And we can't get there without our attendees' support.
Take a look at our "by the numbers" progress in reaching our sustainability goals:Waste Reduction:
- 0.9 pounds of landfill per person per day, reduced 18% since 2009.
- 2.56 pounds of waste per person per day, reduced 3% since 2009.
- 233 hours of recycling education provided by 67 Green Angels to help event attendees properly sort waste.
- 65% of waste diverted from landfill across all event venues in 2014.
- 23 metric tons of landfill eliminated since 2012.
- 126 metric tons of leftover event discards eliminated since 2012. That’s enough to fill 10 garbage trucks.
- 86% of waste diverted from landfill at the Oracle Appreciation Event.
- 10.9 metric tons of event waste eliminated at the Oracle Appreciation Event.
- 5.24 pounds of carbon emissions per person per day, reduced 41% since 2011.
- 100% of onsite event emissions are offset by Oracle.
- 6,161 metric tons of air travel emissions are offset by event attendees.
- 40,674 miles traveled by shuttles.
- 5,234 gallon reduction in fuel use by shuttles since 2008.
- 15% drop in generator fuel use since 2013.
- 10 pounds of emissions eliminated every time an event attendee takes BART between the event and airport.