By laurenmckay-Oracle on Oct 19, 2015
There are innumerable ways to connect with new people at the conference, including the many Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings, the Geographic (Geo) meetings, targeted educational sessions, social events and casual gatherings, the exhibit hall, etc. While there are many networking opportunities available at your fingertips at OpenWorld, some people are better at networking than others. For those who do not have the natural gift of gab, here are some conversation starters to encourage dialogue. Remember, open-ended questions usually work the best. Try these:
- What Oracle products are you using?
- How did you get involved in working with Oracle Apps?
- What are you looking to gain / accomplish from OpenWorld this year?
- Are there any sessions you're particularly looking forward to?
- What are you hoping to learn from that particular session?
- How would that help you in your job?
- When could I follow up with you by phone or email after the conference to find out how your project turned out?