By Oracle OpenWorld Blog Staff on Sep 09, 2011
By Zeynep Koch
Happy Feet Swimming to San Francisco
In this 20th anniversary year for Linux, could it be that Happy Feet, the wayward Antarctic emperor penguin who somehow ended up in New Zealand, is swimming to San Francisco? If so, he’ll have tons of Oracle Linux activities to choose from, including these highlights:
- Oracle Linux Strategy and Roadmap (15044) Monday, Oct. 3, 3:30 p.m., Moscone South 103
Don’t miss this session where Oracle executives discuss Linux strategy, roadmap, contributions to the Linux mainline kernel, and what’s in store for upcoming releases of Oracle Linux, including the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel.
- Overview: New Features in Oracle Linux 6 (15048) Monday, Oct. 3, 5:00 p.m., Moscone South 200
Get an in-depth look at the new features of Oracle Linux 6 with Linux kernel engineering director Chris Mason.
- Why Switch to Oracle Linux? (15052) Tuesday, Oct. 4, 10:15 a.m., Moscone South 236
Learn about the “why and how” of switching to Oracle Linux, testing and integration with systems and applications, free management, and high-availability tools. Plus, learn why Dell IT selected Oracle Linux.
- Hands-on Lab: Oracle Linux Package Management: Configuring and Enabling Services (30540) Tuesday, Oct. 4, 11:45 a.m., Marriott Marquis, Salon 5/6 or Thursday, Oct. 6, 1:30 p.m., Marriott Marquis, Salon 5/6.
- Hands-on Lab: Oracle Linux Storage Management with LVM and Device Mapper (30541) Tuesday, Oct. 4, 1:15 p.m., Marriott Marquis, Salon 5/6 or Thursday, Oct. 6, 3:00 p.m., Marriott Marquis, Salon 5/6.
Visit the Linux Partner Pavilion (Moscone South 2241) and see partners BeyondTrust, Brocade, Emulex, HP, PHD Virtual, Qlogic, Storix, Tectia Corporation, and Xsigo showcasing their products running on Oracle Linux, and meet Oracle’s Linux experts and surprise guests; join us for the reception and enter to win giveaways.