You’ll Line Up for Free
By stephen.fox on Jul 22, 2009
Tips on Complimentary Oracle OpenWorld Passes
We know that budgets are tight for a lot of you who’d like to attend Oracle OpenWorld, so here’s a suggestion about how to get in for free… enter a contest!
We’ve come across a couple of ways to get complimentary passes to the world's largest event dedicated to helping enterprises harness the power of information. First, there’s the Oracle Application Express Developer Competition 2009. You can get all the specifics from the Oracle Technology Network page, but here are some of the highlights:
• You must be registered on OTN in order to enter the competition
• Entries must be written in Oracle Application Express 3.2.x
• Submission deadline is August 24, 2009, at 2 p.m. PT
• Prizes include an Unconference Session and complimentary ticket to Oracle OpenWorld 2009
For those of you looking for an easier way to get something for free, how about making a nomination for the Oracle Excellence Awards? If your organization uses Oracle Fusion Middleware, Performance Management, and/or Business Intelligence solutions in creative or innovative ways, let us know. Submit your nomination before the August 14 deadline, and you could win:
• Free Oracle OpenWorld 2009 admission
• Oracle Excellence Award Winner Plaque
• Placement in Oracle Press Release
• Feature placement in Oracle Profit Magazine article
Finally, there’s one more way we’ve found to get into the show for free—bring some friends. If you register and buy four Full Conference passes for Oracle OpenWorld 2009, you get one pass free. So, peek into the cubicles around you, find out who else wants to go, and tell the bosses they can save big if you all register in time for the Early Bird discount.
If you’ve found other places giving away free passes to the show, let us know in the comments.