HP: Leveraging IT to Gain Advantage

Reprinted from the Oracle OpenWorld Daily.

annlivermore.jpg

Never before have applications been so pervasive and powerful. At the same time, a constant wave of new additions makes managing applications today complex and costly. In developing
a successful application modernization strategy, companies must assess their critical requirements and implement automation across application lifecycles.

"Working with Oracle, HP has developed application modernization solutions that help companies align their application portfolios to their business needs," says Ann Livermore, executive vice president, HP Enterprise Business. "HP is also a leader in providing full lifecycle services and support--from consulting to integration to hosting--specifically for Oracle E-Business Suite and other Oracle applications."

HP takes a three-pronged approach to application modernization: application lifecycle management, data management, and security. "Any effort to transform applications must also consider the growing importance of cloud computing," Livermore adds. "HP can help companies deliver IT services in a variety of ways: inhouse, outsourced, via public or private clouds, or any combination that's right for the organization."

Livermore notes that success also requires the power and flexibility of a converged infrastructure. "Today, only about 30 percent of an enterprise's IT budget is typically spent on innovation," says Dave Donatelli, executive vice president and general manager, HP Enterprise Servers, Storage, and Networking. The other 70 percent is locked up in maintenance and operations--in datacenters characterized by rigid infrastructure and technology silos.

The goal, Donatelli says, is to turn this ratio on its head, freeing companies from burdensome operational costs and instead funneling 70 percent of resources toward what differentiates an organization.

Donatelli believes that tomorrow's successful businesses will be built on a converged infrastructure that integrates existing silos of compute, storage, network, and facility resources with unified management--delivering a virtualized, advanced technology environment.

HP and Oracle have worked closely together on joint engineering and product integration efforts for 30 years, helping more than 140,000 customers modernize their IT environments.

Oracle provides middleware, applications, and database products that enable a service-oriented architecture that leverages shared application modules. The HP converged infrastructure brings IT resources together so that assets can be shared by many applications and managed holistically.

Listen to Ann Livermore and Dave Donatelli discuss these issues in today's keynote, beginning at 5:30 p.m., in Moscone North Hall D.

Comments:

Post a Comment:
  • HTML Syntax: NOT allowed
About

Welcome to the Oracle OpenWorld Blog, your complete news resource for everything from registration, housing, and keynotes, to sessions, demos, special activities and beyond.

Search

Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today