Monday Nov 23, 2009
Wednesday Nov 11, 2009
By stephen.fox on Nov 11, 2009
Oracle Salutes Military Men and Women
Here in the United States, we are observing Veterans Day. In Europe, today is Armistice Day or Remembrance Day. We commemorate the end of major hostilities of World War I by honoring all military veterans. At Oracle OpenWorld 2009, you may have met some servicemen and women participating in Oracle's Injured Veteran Job and Training Program who took the time to share their stories with the Oracle community during the show.
Oracle's Injured Veteran Job and Training Program is specifically designed to help women and men injured in the Afghanistan and Iraqi wars transition to civilian employment. In partnership with the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes, our goal is to provide injured veterans with employment experience that may lead to regular employment.
In our latest issue of Profit magazine, we meet Joshua Lawton-Belous, a vet with a traumatic brain injury who is participating in the program. He explains the difficulty some veterans have finding work when they return home, and points out the opportunities now available through the training program. Oracle's Diversity Director Jane Robertson says, "Our hope is that the folks who do participate will be significantly helped."
All of us working behind-the-scenes on Oracle OpenWorld wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of the veterans—and their families—for their service and sacrifice. If you know someone interested in joining the Injured Veteran Job and Training Program, have them download and complete the application. And, please take some time today to thank the men and women who serve.
Friday Aug 21, 2009
Welcome to the Oracle OpenWorld Blog, your complete news resource for everything from registration, housing, and keynotes, to sessions, demos, special activities and beyond.
- Oracle’s New Approach to Cloud-based Applications User Experiences
- Customers are the Stars on OpenWorld Live
- Download 'em Now: Oracle OpenWorld Presentations
- Wrap-Up: Construction and Engineering Summit @ OpenWorld
- Edward Screven Keynote: The Internet of Things—And a Surprise Appearance by Members of ORACLE TEAM USA
- It’s Never Too Early to Plan for Next Year’s Oracle OpenWorld
- Cool Sailing ... and What’s Hot Today at Oracle OpenWorld
- Congratulations to ORACLE TEAM USA!
- Look, Touch, Deconstruct.
- Belly Up to the Oracle Support Stars Bar
- Openworld 2011
- Appreciation Event
- Around the World
- Exhibition Hall
- Fun & Entertainment
- JavaOne and Develop
- Registration & Scheduling
- Session Winners
- Sessions & Content
- Show Time!
- Users Groups
- Oracle OpenWorld 2012
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013
- Oracle OpenWorld Latin America
- Oracle Openworld 2010