By laurenmckay-Oracle on Oct 15, 2015
In recognition of the OAUG’s 25th anniversary, here are 25 tips on how to get the most out of this major networking day.
1. Come early. You have a better chance of grabbing a great seat and getting a head start on introductions.
2. Stay late. There are always opportunities for mingling with peers and experts after and between sessions.
3. Bring plenty of business cards. Make it easy for your new acquaintances to stay in touch after the conference.
4. Come with three questions on the topic being presented. Ask yourself exactly what you would like to learn about the covered topic beforehand, and be sure those three questions are answered.
5. Share something you’ve learned. Effective networking is fueled by the give-and-take of information and knowledge.
6. Hydrate. Seriously. It keeps you energized.