OCUPA Group is a Mexican company headquartered in Manzanillo with 22 years of experience in world-class logistics, servicing 145 points of origin and destinations worldwide. The company handles logistics for 17 Mexican states and is ranked as the number one shipper in the country and the 5th overall in Latin America.
Prior to their digital transformation, the company faced numerous administrative challenges. Among them included collecting the necessary information to issue reports for decision-making, which required gathering data from 11 companies and took 8-10 days to validate. Invoicing was also a struggle, since this hindered the processing of imports and exports, leading to lost revenue and delayed shipping times. Furthermore, only 30% of purchase orders were systematically processed, while the remaining 70% were run by parallel ad-hoc processes that took as long as 13 days, resulting in significant errors and omissions.
With the lack of communications between systems and people, leadership found it difficult to gain visibility towards internal operations. In some cases, knowing what was going on meant reaching out to the individual, leading to lost productivity and backlogs.
HR leadership had a tough time too. Employee information was not fully available across the system and mostly processed manually. Departments had no way of identifying an employee’s status or their assignment, with the information contained within spreadsheets and obtained through tedious email exchanges. It was even impossible to access the full employee roster.
With all these challenges, leadership knew they had to make a change. First, they wanted to offer their employees and customers a solution that offered data integrity, especially considering what information was at stake. Second, they sought a comprehensive solution that could offer visibility across their employees and all operations.
Based on their research, Oracle stood out as the only vendor offering a fully comprehensive cloud-based solution that met the needs of the company. Additionally, Oracle’s implementation and cloud cost was significantly lower than its competitors’. All of these stood out in a market where many competitors offered only hosted-server solutions.
With Oracle, OCUPA has seen significant improvements in their operations. Data management times have been reduced from 2 weeks to 3 or 4 days, and the company now has standard, reliable and readily available information whenever it needs it.
From an HR perspective, Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM has helped optimize their HR management processes. Information on new hires now populates 70% faster, enabling workers to start getting productive sooner. Because OCUPA now stores employee data in the cloud, information also moves faster between modules, creating a complete profile that offers the deepest context.
Introducing Oracle Cloud solutions such as HCM, CX, and ERP has introduced significant time reduction and process acceleration. Having all the necessary controls and policies in the system has improved record-keeping and facilitated process standardization, helping teams adopt best practices.
Natively built for the cloud, Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM is a complete solution connecting every human resource process from hire to retire. This provides a consistent experience across devices, enables one source of truth for HR data to improve decision-making, and empowers you with market-leading innovation to address your needs today and into the future.
Learn how you can make that possible at https://www.oracle.com/hcm.