Oracle Coherence Product Development is pleased to announce the release of Oracle Coherence 18.104.22.168.0 into general availability.
Oracle Coherence 22.214.171.124.0 is now available for downloading at https://www.oracle.com/middleware/technologies/coherence-downloads.html, and its documentation is online at https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/fusion-middleware/coherence/126.96.36.199/index.html.
Important new features in Oracle Coherence 188.8.131.52.0 include the following:
- Docker and Kubernetes Certification: Coherence applications can be deployed in Docker images orchestrated with Kubernetes, as now covered in the Administering Oracle Coherence documentation book.
- Coherence Metrics: a metrics endpoint enabling metrics gathering systems like Prometheus to gather metrics from each cache server over HTTP in text or JSON format.
- REST Management: Coherence now supports management operations using REST, with Coherence MBeans exposed as REST resources.
- View Caches: a new recommended alternative to replicated caches, combining comparable read performance with partitioned cache consistency, safety, and persistence characteristics.
- Quorum Policies: new cluster quorum policies are available for mandating the minimum number of members that must be present before terminating a member.
- Password Providers: password providers allow you to plug in your own mechanism to provide the passwords are required as part of SSL socket provider configuration.
- Netty Support: Coherence REST can now be configured to use the Netty HTTP server.
Oracle Coherence 184.108.40.206.0 will be the long-term support patch set in the Oracle Coherence 12.2.1 line, meaning future releases in this line will be limited to patch set updates (increments of the last digit of the release number).
Oracle Coherence Product Development encourages users of Oracle Coherence 12c and earlier versions to upgrade to Oracle Coherence 220.127.116.11.0.