Oracle B2B on Weblogic Server
By Ramesh Nittur Anantharamaiah-Oracle on Dec 11, 2009
11g B2B Architecture is similar to 10g B2B except for the following differences
1. Tight(in memory) integration with SOA Suite, which is considered as Oracle Service Component Infrastructure through B2B Binding component. This is the most preferred and default way of communication with Back end Application.
2. B2B is a Pure J2EE component hosted on Web logic server infrastructure.
3. B2B involve two staging tables in the form of
a. Wire message table - Stage the messages coming from the trading partner before sending it for further inbound processing. There is a wire message report to display such messages.
b. App message table - Stage the messages coming from the Back end application before sending it for further outbound processing. There is a App message report to display such messages.
4. B2B in 11g is a multithreaded message-processing engine, with a clear segregation of inbound and outbound processing capability. This can be configured and managed through EM using the following properties in B2B-config
a. b2b.inboundThreadCount : For processing inbound messages
b. b2b.outboundThreadCount : For processing outbound messages
c. b2b.defaultThreadCount : For B2B internal events.
5. Listening end points are Agreement agnostic: All listening Delivery channels are made agnostic of Agreements, this would enable the user to introduce the listening channel on the fly for message processing.
and the list goes on..
There is also a plan of certifying Oracle B2B on other commercial Application server such as IBM WebSphere. Get in touch with B2B product manager for more details.