Now available - Oracle VM Server for SPARC 220.127.116.11.9
Today Oracle announces Oracle VM Server for SPARC Release 18.104.22.168.9
What's New with Oracle VM Server for SPARC 22.214.171.124.9
We are pleased to announce the release of Oracle VM Server for SPARC 126.96.36.199.9, which has been delivered as part of Oracle Solaris 11.4 SRU 30. Together, they provide new features for virtualization, performance, security, scalability, and system management.
Oracle VM Server for SPARC 188.8.131.52.9 introduces several changes and new capabilities, including:
- Auditing records are produced (under the "as" system-wide administration class) for domain lifecycle events.
- Large performance improvement for all vsan MASK operations.
- klog support in MDB for vdisk server (vds).
- Created ::vds MDB command for use with klog.vds.
- vhba now defaults to disabling performance improvement for aioread(3c) and aiowrite(3c). There is no effect on synchronous I/O and this can be controlled by the vhba:vhba_nointr kernel, tunable in the /etc/system.
- Memory page retire operations are persisted for guests and replayed on reboot.
- Multilevel PVLAN (i.e. in a Zone within an LDoms guest) are supported.
- Warning-level log messages from ldmd can be turned off via "ldm set-logctl warning=[on|off]."
The full list of new features, bug fixes, and known issues can be found at the Oracle VM Server for SPARC documentation and the What's New page.
Supported Upgrade Path
Oracle VM Server for SPARC 184.108.40.206.9 software has been integrated into Oracle Solaris 11.4 SRU 30.
Oracle VM Server for SPARC support is included in Oracle Premier Support for Systems which provides fully-integrated support for your server hardware, firmware, OS, and virtualization software. Please review the documentation about specific details of required and minimum software and supported platforms.
For additional resources about Oracle VM Server for SPARC: