We are pleased to announce the latest software release 2.1.1
Private Cloud Appliance which simplifies the way
customers install, deploy, and manage converged
infrastructures for Linux, Windows, or Oracle Solaris
applications. The latest release delivers enhanced networking, improved flexibility and better security.
- Custom networks at the appliance level are enhanced by adding custom
networks at the appliance level, thus enable additional connectivity.
- Memory configuration is more flexible by supporting the installation of additional physical RAM. New
RAM modules will be detected during reboot and the appropriate configuration will be changed
- Component firmware upgrades are automatically performed for the ZFS Storage Appliance as part of the Oracle PCA software update. The storage configuration is now updated to active-active for storage head cluster. This makes the storage
hardware easier to service and maintain.
- Authentication management has been improved with a finer-grained and robust password management
- The Oracle PCA Command
Line Interface (CLI) has been enhanced with the integration of the controller software update and password management functionality.
- Oracle VM Manager and Oracle VM Server have been upgraded to Release
3.2.10, to include the latest security and errata bug fixes
You can review the list of changes and improvements in the
release notes of the documentation
set. To download the software update, search patch ID 22185511 from My Oracle Support. To attend a training offered by Oracle University, read the news here.
Thank you to the readers of the UK IT news V3.co.uk who voted the best products for 2015. Oracle Private Cloud Appliance won the
award as the Best
virtualisation Product under Cloud Computing category.
For additional information about how customers benefit from
Oracle Private Cloud Appliance deployment, visit here.