Oracle is pleased to announce Oracle Private Cloud Appliance X8, an agile and intelligent Engineered System, designed for rapid and automated deployment of private clouds.
Notable new features in this release
Oracle Private Cloud Appliance X8 is 45% faster, offers 17x more storage for customer workloads and is substantially more cost-effective compared to the last generation.
Highlights of this release include:
- Oracle Server X8-2 Management Nodes - 2 latest generation Oracle servers X8-2 serve as the management nodes for Oracle Private Cloud Appliance X8
- Oracle Server X8-2 Compute Nodes - With 2 X 24 core Intel Xeon 8260 processors, these X8-2 Compute nodes can be ordered in three different memory configurations - 384 GB, 768 GB, and 1.5 TB. With 45% performance improvement over the last generation, Oracle Server X8-2 provides the optimal balance of cores, memory, and I/O throughput for mission-critical enterprise applications. Customers can scale from 2 to 25 Compute nodes in the same rack.
- Integrated ZS7-2 Storage - Oracle Private Cloud Appliance features a fully integrated, enterprise-grade Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance ZS7-2 for centrally storing the management environment while providing superior performance and efficiency required by demanding enterprise applications. With dual ZS7-2 controllers in a high-availability (HA) configuration and one high-capacity DE-24C storage shelf, Oracle Private Cloud Appliance now includes 100 TB of customer usable storage capacity in the rack. This storage can be scaled to 2.2 PB using a combination of DE3-24C or all-flash DE3-24P expansion storage trays.
- Network - High speed low latency Software Defined Networking is implemented on top of 100Gb Ethernet leaf and spine switches. These offer 100Gb Ethernet connectivity for all communication between internal rack components and allow for flexible 10/25/40/100 GbE connectivity to customer data center.
- Oracle VM 3.4.6 - This release of Oracle Private Cloud Appliance includes Oracle VM 3.4.6 with the latest kernel and security fixes. In addition, it adds the ability to move a running VM to a different Oracle VM repository.
For more information on this release, please refer to the release notes.
- Refer to the product documentation for additional details on features and bug fixes in this release.
- Visit Oracle.com for product datasheet and white papers.