More on Oracle OpenWorld 2012
By Maria Colgan on Sep 17, 2012
With only two weeks to go until Oracle OpenWorld, it is time to start planning your schedule. Every year folks ask me what Optimizer related sessions they should go and see at OpenWorld. Below are my top two picks for each day of the conference, to get your schedule started.
- Sunday, September 30th at 9am Beginning performance tuning Session UGF 3320 in Moscone West, room 2022
- Sunday September 30th at 12:30pm Ten Surprising Performance Tactics Session UGF10426 in Moscone West, room 2016
- Monday October 1st at 12:15pm The Evolution of Histograms in Oracle Database Session CON2803 in Moscone south, room 302
- Monday October 1st at 1:45pm A Day in the Life of a Real-World Performance Engineer Session CON8404 in Moscone south, room 303
- Tuesday October 2nd at 11:45am Oracle Partitioning: It’s Getting Even Better Session CON8421 in Moscone South, room 101
- Tuesday October 2nd at 1:15pm Oracle Optimizer: Harnessing the Power of Optimizer Hints Session CON8455 in Moscone South, room 103
- Wednesday October 3rd at 3:30pm SQL Plan Stability: Post 11g Upgrade—Verizon Wireless’ Experience Session CON4485 in Moscone South, room 302
- Wednesday October 3rd at 5pm Five SQL and PL/SQL Things in the Latest Generation of Database Technology Session CON8432 Moscone South, room 103
- Thursday, October 4th at 11:15pm How the Query Optimizer Learns from Its Mistakes Session CON3330 in Moscone west, room 3016
- Thursday, October 4th at 12:45pm Oracle Optimizer: An Insider’s View of How the Optimizer Works Session CON8457 in Moscone South, room 104
Don't forget to pickup an Optimizer bumper sticker at the Optimizer demo booth. This year we are located in booth 3157, in the Database area of the demogrounds, in Moscone South. Members of the Optimizer development team will be there Monday through Wednesday from 9:45 am until 6pm.