By Owen Allen-Oracle on May 28, 2015
I saw a question recently about uploading flat files, such as a config file, or tarballs to an Oracle Solaris 11 library and then deploy them to
Oracle Solaris 11 servers. This is an easy task for Oracle Solaris 8, 9, or 10, but it's trickier to find with Oracle Solaris 11.
Here are the steps to upload and deploy such files with Oracle Solaris 11 in Ops Center, using our software library for the content.
- Create an Oracle Solaris 11 pkg which contains the config files. Here's an example for how to do so: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/E21798/glcej.html
- Add that pkg to the repository. (The above example also covers this step.)
- Sync Ops Center with the repository so that the new pkg is added to Ops Center's catalog of software.
- Create an Ops Center Oracle Solaris 11 Profile that installs the pkg created in Step 1.
- Apply the profile in an update plan to the target systems.
For more information about OS Profiles, see the OS Updates chapter.