Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center
By Owen Allen on Mar 18, 2010
There's an announcement out that Ops Center is now a part of the Oracle Enterprise Manager family. I thought I'd talk a little about what that means.
The Oracle EM Management Connector, which is now available, is our first step in making Ops Center work with Oracle Enterprise Manager. The Connector lets Ops Center share some data with EM. Notifications from Ops Center about Sun Server hardware faults; Linux, Oracle Solaris, or Windows OS performance; and other events can be sent to the EM console, where they are displayed along with EM notifications. These notifications help you
address potential issues by showing them all in one place.
If you're currently using EM and Ops Center, you can get started with the Management Connector using these instructions. Here's the short version:
- Download and install the connector.
- Set up a user in Ops Center and make a notification profile that includes the notifications you want sent to EM.
- Register the connection between EM Ops Center and EM.
- Add the Ops Center cert to EM.
- Configure EM to listen to Ops Center.
Once you've done this, the Ops Center notifications that are sent to your new user will also appear in the EM console. You can fine-tune the way that they show up using controls in the EM console.