Welcome to the Ops Center blog
By Owen Allen on Sep 29, 2009
Welcome to the new Ops Center blog! Sun Ops Center is our systems management tool, which lets you discover physical and virtual assets in your data center, manage and monitor them, provision OSes and firmware, and update OSes. This blog will contain news, interviews, features, and clever uses of Ops Center.
As you may know, we're just rolling out version 2.5 of Ops Center. (The story is on Sun.com, along with a video from Steve Wilson.) Ops Center 2.5 adds a bunch of features, including but not limited to:
- Support for Solaris Containers and Sun Logical Domains - You can create, clone, and migrate guests in Ops Center 2.5, and can automate management actions for them. (This is really too big a thing for a bullet list - it'll get its own post soon.)
- Streamlined install and configuration
- Streamlined upgrade process
- Support for Oracle Enterprise Linux (To install Ops Center on, as well as to discover and manage)
- Smart Groups
- Windows patching
- Solaris Live Upgrade software
- Notification enhancements
I'll be talking about these features in more detail in the coming days and weeks. There are also other resources for Ops Center information: the Information Exchange; the 2.5 documentation, and the official training.