12.2 Release Documentation
By Owen Allen-Oracle on Mar 07, 2014
A new version of Ops Center, version 12.2, has just been released. With it, we've made some improvements to the documentation (you can see all of the new documentation at Ops Center 12.2 documentation library). Here's a rundown of the big changes.
There's a section on the main docs page with bulletins about known issues and things you should be aware of before you install or upgrade. It's highlighted in the image below. You should read it.Here are some of the big changes and improvements:
- The What's New In This Release doc tells you about all of the new features, including improved OS Provisioning, LDOM management enhancements, and VLan Tagging.
- The Known Issues section of the Release Notes tells you about the issues you should be aware of when you're upgrading or installing.
- The Certified Systems Matrix lists the supported systems, some of which are new in 12.2.
- There's a new Upgrade Guide, which includes end-to-end upgrade procedures for a variety of environments and preferences: HA or single Enterprise Controller, large or small, command line or UI.
- The Ports and Protocols Guide lists all of the ports and protocols that Ops Center uses, which is good information if you're preparing to install.
- There are quite a few new how-tos in the Deploy and Operate libraries, including how-tos for provisioning Oracle Solaris 10 and Oracle Solaris 11, and for provisioning root domains and I/O domains.
- The Feature Reference Guide explains the product's main features, new and old, and the Feature Reference Appendix has some information that adds to that such as API information.
- There's a new book that goes into detail on the use of the Ops Center command line interface.