Tuesday Mar 26, 2013
Tuesday Mar 19, 2013
By Owen Allen-Oracle on Mar 19, 2013
I got a question about supported browsers:
"I'm using Firefox 10.0.7. Is that a supported browser for accessing the Ops Center user interface?"
Yep, it is. The full list of supported browsers is here, in the Certified Systems Matrix, which also lists supported operating systems, supported databases, and supported hardware and engineered systems.
Tuesday Mar 12, 2013
By Owen Allen-Oracle on Mar 12, 2013
I got a question about discovering operating systems:
"My operating systems are configured not to allow root SSH access. How can I discover these OSes with Ops Center?"
When you're creating a discovery profile, you provide credentials for each protocol being used to access the asset. So, for an Oracle Solaris OS, you provide SSH credentials. If root SSH access is allowed by the system, you can provide root credentials.
However, if root SSH access is not allowed, you can provide one username and password to use for logging in, and then the root credentials to use for managing the asset.
Here's what it looks like in the UI:
The first set is used to log in, and the second set is used to perform tasks that require root access, such as installing or uninstalling Agent Controllers.
Tuesday Mar 05, 2013
By Owen Allen-Oracle on Mar 05, 2013
I got a question about Enterprise Controller high availability:
"If I have an Ops Center installation with a single Enterprise Controller, can I change my mind and turn it into a high availability setup?"
Yes. There are a few things you need to do to prepare, first:
- Back up your EC (it never hurts to do this before you make any big changes on the EC system).
- Install Oracle Clusterware in your environment.
- If you're using a local database, switch to a remote database.
Once you've taken those steps, you can set your current EC up as the primary node, and install and configure one or more standby nodes, using this procedure.
This blog discusses issues encountered in Ops Center and highlights the ways in which the documentation can help you
- Viewing Assets in Maintenance Mode
- Upgrade Issues
- CLI Enhancements in 12.3.1
- Zones Additions in 12.3.1
- UI and Proxy Controller changes in 12.3.1
- Upgrading to version 12.3.1
- Ops Center 12.3.1 Released
- Changing the Remote Database Location
- Users and Groups Created by Ops Center
- Images for OS Provisioning