By pfolgado-Oracle on Set 11, 2014
Building Business in the Cloud
Cloud computing is a topic of huge importance to Oracle. Oracle is now the world’s second-largest Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider in the world, and our ambitions don’t stop there. The forthcoming Oracle OpenWorld in September will establish Oracle’s credentials as being firmly among the world’s leading Cloud Computing vendors
To support this drive, Oracle has created a program in collaboration with the Financial Times, one of the world’s leading business publications. The program which will not only drive Oracle’s reputation as a thought leader in Cloud Computing through a dedicated Financial Times website – http://businessinthecloud.ft.com/ – but has also provided a rich source of content on the topic which Oracle partners can use in sales and marketing engagements.
The program: Business in the Cloud
The program revolves around a major piece of research, undertaken by FT Remark, the FT research organization, which interviewed 150 CTOs in UK, France and Germany to understand business’ attitudes to and adoption of cloud computing.
Oracle has rights to all of the content to be found on the website, which is intended to support us in engagements with customers, prospects and partners.
The content comprises:
- A Financial Times report – “The Silver Lining: Building business in the cloud” – is available as a downloadable PDF as well as a printed report
- An interactive Infographic brings out the highlights of the research
- Oracle Chief Communications Officer Bob Evans dispels the myths surrounding the Cloud
- EMEA VP of SaaS Solutions Ian Tickle answers many typical business questions about the technology
Articles. A series of articles, drawing out specific aspects of the research and of cloud computing, was written as part of the program. These articles cover these topics:
- What is driving corporate to the cloud?
- Boosting agility and innovation with private cloud computing
- Clearing the fog: how companies are overcoming barriers to cloud
- Speed time to innovation with public cloud
- Transforming business with SaaS
- Coordinating the cloud – managing the transfer
- The top ten myths about cloud computing
White Papers. Visitors to the website also have the opportunity to view and download two Oracle White Papers