By pfolgado-Oracle on Mar 16, 2014
Gartner issued the 2014 BI Platforms and Analytic Platforms Magic Quadrant placing Oracle in the Leaders quadrant again.
The Good News
The key aspects for Oracle BI partners is that Gartners sees acceleration in the trend “from BI systems used primarily for measurement and reporting to those that also support analysis, prediction, forecasting and optimization”: which is clearly good for us since all these capabilities can be deployed by Oracle partners with OBI Foundation Suite, Oracle Advanced Analytics and Real-Time Decisions.
Also, “the race is on to fill the gap in governed data discovery.” Endeca Information Discovery 3.1, and its’ integration to Oracle BI, addresses this Self-service requirement better than any of the competition – but be aware that Gartner did not consider this at the time of this 2014 report, since version 3.1 was not out in time for inclusion.
Oracle is a Leader for the 8th consecutive year. Top reasons cited include:
- Broad product suite that works with many heterogeneous data sources for large-scale, multi-business-unit and multi-geography deployments
- Integration with Oracle apps and technology, and with Oracle Hyperion EPM
- Prebuilt analytic applications – horizontal Oracle BI Applications and the many industry analytic applications built on Oracle BI
- Among the largest deployments in terms of numbers of users and data sizes
- 69% of Oracle BI customers consider it their enterprise BI standard
- Large, global network of partners