Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) Release 5.5
By pfolgado-Oracle on Jan 12, 2012
Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM replaces the Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows, EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft's Compass, and Siebel's Results Roadmap. Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are encouraged to transition to OUM.
OUM provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive, and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project and program management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 5.5 provides support for Application Implementation and Software Upgrade projects as well as the complete range of technology projects including Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), WebCenter, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software. Detailed techniques and tool guidance are provided, including a supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor, UPK, and Knowledge Pathways.
This release features:
- Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Implementation Supplemental Guide
- Business Process Management (BPM) Project Engineering View
- Business Process Management (BPM) Roadmap View and Supplemental Guide
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Application Integration Architecture (AIA) View
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Roadmap View and Supplemental Guide
- Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Supplemental Guide and OUM to Siebel Results Roadmap Mapping
- Techniques: 2x2 Urgency Importance Matrix, Risk Portfolio Assessment
- Enhanced / Updated:
- Iterative and Incremental Planning and Scrum references added to Phase and Task Guidelines
- Scrum guidance expanded to include User Story Task and Template, Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog Templates, and Scrum to OUM Mapping
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Application Integration Architecture (AIA) Supplemental Guide updated for Oracle Database 11g
- WebCenter View and Supplemental Guide (formerly Enterprise 2.0) expanded to provide guidance for WebCenter Portal in addition to WebCenter Content
- For a comprehensive list of features and enhancements, refer to the "What's New" page of the Method Pack
Upcoming releases will provide expanded support for Oracle's full complement of Enterprise Application suites including product-suite specific materials and guidance for tailoring OUM to support various engagement types.
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select the "Partners (Login Required)" tab.
- Select the "Engage with Oracle" tab.
- From the Engage with Oracle page, locate the "Applications" heading.
- From the Applications heading, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, select the "Implement" tab.
- From the Implement tab, select the "Tools and Resources" link.
- Locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.
For more information about OUM, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, visit blogs.oracle.com/oum, join Oracle Unified Method group on LinkedIn.com, follow oum_info on Twitter.com.