Terminado o Oracle OpenWorld 2010, aqui fica um resumo dos principais anúncios feitos pela Oracle ao longo do evento.
The 5 Key Announcements at OOW 2010 (Executive Summary)
1. - Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, is an integrated hardware and software system engineered, tested, and tuned by Oracle to run Java and non-Java applications with extreme performance. The machine provides a complete cloud application infrastructure, consolidating the widest possible range of Java and non-Java application types and workloads and meeting the most demanding service-level requirements.
2. - Oracle Exadata Database Machine X2-8, is the latest configuration of Oracle's most successful new product line. The new configuration extends the Oracle Exadata Database Machine product family with a high-capacity system for large OLTP, data warehousing and consolidated workloads.
3. - SPARC T3 Systems. Oracle announced the industry's first 16-core server processor and new SPARC T3 systems. The systems range from a single socket 16-core blade to a 4-socket, 64-core server with 512 threads in a compact five-rack unit, providing extreme scalability and performance with built-in security and virtualization capabilities.
4. - Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, a fast, modern, reliable Linux kernel that is optimized for Oracle software and hardware and which is fast, modern, reliable and optimized for Oracle. The latest edition of the Oracle Exadata Database Machine and the new Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud rely on the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel for extreme Linux performance.
5. - Oracle Fusion Applications, the next generation of business applications. Oracle Fusion Applications is a suite of one hundred percent standards-based, SaaS-ready enterprise applications with role-based user experience. Oracle Fusion Applications provide rich functional capabilities with over 100 modules in 7 different product families providing functionality for many industries and geographies - Financial Management, Procurement and Sourcing, Project and Portfolio Management, Human Capital Management, Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain Management, and Governance Risk and Compliance.
Um documento com informação mais detalhada sobre estes anúncios encontra-se aqui.