[NOVO] Oracle Database Machine and Exadata v2 Workshop - 22-23/Fev/11
By pfolgado-Oracle on Jan 10, 2012
Oracle Database Machine and Exadata v2 Workshop
February 22-23, 2012 - Lisbon, Portugal
This FREE workshop introduces the attendees to Oracle Database Machine and Exadata v2 Workshop.
Using presentations and hands-on (on a simulated environment), the attendees will learn about the architecture, setup, maintenance, monitoring and optimization options of Oracle Exadata and how this Oracle offering fits into a normal Data Warehouse and OLTP strategy.
The workshop is technically oriented and has a number of hands-on labs to get experienced on Oracle Exadata.
- Understand the Oracle Exadata v2 ecosystem in a technical way
- Learn how to predict performance improvement when using Oracle Exadata v2
- Be able to put the Exadata v2 offering in a technical architecture
Attendees must bring their own laptop with a network cable to connect to the simulated environment. Please bring your own laptop with VNC installed.
- VNC client must be installed for access to the simulated environment
- Acrobat Reader must me installed to be able to access the Lab assignments.
General Oracle database (including ASM) knowledge is mandatory
- Generic Linux knowledge is needed as the simulated environments run on Oracle Enterprise Linux
Technical staff, Architects
10:00am: Class begins
5:00pm: Class ends
- DB machine and Exadata architecture
- Hardware (DB nodes, network and Exadata storage cells)
- Installation and Patching of Exadata
- Access to and maintenance of an Exadata environment
- Logging and Monitoring of the environment
- Security and HA (including B&R, DG, RAC)
- Data Access, DataPath and Resource management in an Exadata Environment
- Database specific features of Exadata (Storage indexing and Hybrid Columnar Compression)
Please note that all hands-on sessions are on SIMULATED environments and cannot be used to test performance enhancements.
For registration questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need an oracle.com account to register. If you do not have
one, you can sign up for a free account. To begin the registration
process and to sign up for an oracle.com account, select the "Register HERE!" button at the top of this page.
To New Users: For additional information see "New Users - How to Register" below.
February 22-23, 2012: Lisbon, Portugal
Register early. Registrations will close two business days prior to the event or earlier if full.
Oracle Platform Technologies Enablement Services