Redwood Shores, Calif. - February 10, 2010
Oracle has agreed to acquire Convergin, a leading provider of real-time service brokering solutions.
Convergin's industry-leading J2EE-based Service Broker platform enables communications service providers (CSPs) to manage services for a wide range of networks and application platforms, including pre-paid charging. The solution allows CSPs to focus on launching innovative services while modernizing to next-generation networks.
CSPs are increasingly looking to transition from inflexible and costly intelligent network platforms to deliver value-added services. The combination of Oracle and Convergin is expected to provide a single carrier-grade, standards-based IT platform allowing CSPs to effectively evolve their service delivery capabilities at a lower total cost of ownership.
Convergin products complement Oracle Communications' integrated product suite, including Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management, Oracle Communications Converged Application Server and Oracle Communications service fulfillment applications.
The transaction is expected to close the first half of this year. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
- Oracle Systems: the Foundation of Cloud
- WebCenter & BPM FY16 Strategic Vision
- Invitation: Oracle Workshops for EMEA Partners
- Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service Implementation Workshops for EMEA Partners
- Save the Date: EMEA Commerce Cloud Partner Workshop
- Oracle Sales Enablement eSeminars for Partners:
- Register now: Oracle Siebel IP2014 Partner Workshop
- Exames de Implementação Oracle - Vouchers Gratuitos
- Workshop for EMEA Partners: Extending Oracle Sales Cloud with Oracle Platform-as-a-Service
- ORACLE PARTNER DAY PORTUGAL - 8 de Abril - Lisboa